“Super 8 W. Haven Review”
Review of Super 8 West Haven

Super 8 West Haven
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in West Haven
Reviewed February 6, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Ok this IS THE WORST motel I have ever stayed in. Ok I know its a motel which is cheap so u get what u pay for but jeeez! Where do i begin? Lets see. So I decided to leave NYC to spend new years eve wit my friends for a night out in Ct. We had our room reserved just in case and paid about $75 for the night. In the lobby was this drunk stank prostitute hanging out ekk! When we got in the room, i checked it out a bit, the comforter was riped on the top wit a big hole and the bathroom walls were peeling, the toilet? burnt cigarette marks all over it and the entire room felt like -10 degrees, I took off my boots and the carpet was freezing. So I went to turn the portable heater on and it DIDNT work, and of course its there cause there reg heater/ac wasnt working. I immediately called the front desk and requested someone to bring another but the guy kept saying "It works keep trying" smh I was mad so I had to go downstairs to the desk to express to him how much it didnt work and how much i didnt want to catch pnuemonia sleeping in the room. So he decided to give me a key to go check another room so we can switch, that heater was working but that room had no comforter/blanket so we had to take the ripped up one with us to that room. So as were moving to the room I go to open the door wit the key and..It DIDNT WORK, I stood there swiping for 5mins before i decided to go back downstairs. Went down and he seems pissed and came back wit me to try for himself and saw it didnt work so he used his master key to open the door and had the nerves to say "Its probably ur mobile devices thats messin it up or the door system is broken again so dont leave ur room tonight" and im like I didnt leave NY to come stay in a room, I came to go out, he jus walked away. Then we get in and one of my friends goes to use the bathroom she came out and said "OMG the toilet doesnt work" Now im like wtf, I called downstairs and said "Mister, the toilet doesnt flush" and he said "I'll send a plunger and hung up on me". 20mins later someone else brought the plunger so EVERYTIME we used the toilet we had to plung at it like 50 times for it to go down smh. So we left and went to our event in new haven, came back minutes before midnight to find 6 cops cars outside and a bunch of cops yelling and threatening at what looked like a teenage smoke out motel party of about 20+ kids. How did they all sneak in? Dont know. Ratched! Then we went upstairs forgetting that the stupid door didnt work wit our key, one of my friends went back downstairs to get the rude front desk guy, when she came back she was like "didnt u hear the cop and this girl screaming at each other downstairs? She was threatening him and about to fight him so he arrested her. Im like wow that is crazy, straight out a drama scary movie.
The entire experience had me sooo angry, how can u run a business with soooo many problems and poor horrible customer service. I will NEVER EVER stay there again, Id rather sleep at the train station. DONT WASTE UR MONEY THERE its a horror movie. It ruined my new years eve experience. Stay ANYWHERE else

Room Tip: "Its a whoore house with everything wrong with it"