“SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!”

Georgies Diner
Ranked #10 of 155 Restaurants in West Haven
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
West Hartford, Connecticut
“SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

The title of my review says it all! While I have only eaten there twice now, I can hardly wait to go back! My first time I had the crabcake eggs benedict. I was skeptical about the crabcakes, figuring that instead of homemade, I would be eating some frozen bread concoction made with "krab". WRONG!!! The cakes were fresh, filled with real crab and the eggs cooked perfectly!! I was in food heaven! Feeling gluttonous and a sucker for hash, I also ordered the corned beef hash. The portion was huge, definitely homemade and super crispy - PERFECTION!! That was on Labor Day weekend. This past Sunday night I was back and had their Patty melt made with Pat Lafreida's hamburg blend. The 8 ounce burger was huge and cooked exactly as ordered (medium rare). THIS is how a burger is supposed to taste! Again FOOD HEAVEN!! I'm looking forward to going back this weekend and trying their french toast! YUM!!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Bill M

Ansbach, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great burger and pancakes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

This is just how you imagine an american diner as foreigner...even better. Clean, lovely decoration with fresh flowers everywhere. Great, absolutely cheerful, friendly and skillful staff that makes you enjoy your stay. I had the Brutus burger and pancakes there (no worries, I shared). Both delicious and absolutely worth the price!

West Haven, Connecticut
“Clean and good quality...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

As a regular customer there I am always impressed by the cheerful and charming wait staff, the clean and (sometimes noisy)
friendly atmosphere, and consistency in quality of food. As a vegetarian, it is nice to have options, but the regular menu satisfies my meat-eating partner, and we always leave full and relaxed. Decent food at moderate prices, with an excellant record of cleanliness---they post their Health Department inspections in the entryway, and as someone who works in food service, I am pretty impressed that a little diner does so well!

Visited July 2012
West Haven, Connecticut
“Good Food and Good Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

This is our "go to" place when we need a quick, but good meal at a reasonable price. It's clean and affordable. The staff is always friendly.

• Visited March 2012
“Try the burgers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

They're burger meat comes from Pat LaFrieda. The same burger in Manhattan would run you $30. Get a Brutus medium rare with sweet potato fries (or a "small" greek salad, see you can be healthy!) and enjoy!

• Visited March 2012