“Convenient to New Haven and Comfy” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites New Haven - South - West Haven

Hampton Inn & Suites New Haven - South - West Haven
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in West Haven
Philadelphia, United States
“Convenient to New Haven and Comfy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Clean, safe, comfortable, well-run hotel. Good complimentary breakfast. Coffee fresh and full-bodied. Great place to stay if you have dealings in New Haven for a fraction of NH proces. I recommend this hotel, also convenient to I95, enthusiastically.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Holly A, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Haven - South - West Haven, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay. I was pleased to see that your stay was clean, safe, and comfortable. I am also glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and were very happy with the location of the hotel as well as the very close distance to I95. We hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

We spent 2 nights here for a baseball tourney my son was in. I was pleasantly surprised how clean and up to date the room was. Bathroom was extremely clean! The breakfast the hotel provided in the am was great. A lot of variety! My only complaints would be is that the towels are WAY too thin and the bed was not super comfortable. Otherwise, it was a good stay. Ruby at the front desk was extremely friendly and always there to help when needed. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feed back regarding the towels and the bed. We will certainly work to improve the quality of the towels and bed comfort.

I was happy to see you were pleased with the the variety of breakfasst items as well as cleanliness of your room. Thank you with your wonderful comments recognizing the great service your received from Ruby. I have shared them with her. We look forward to your stay with us in the future!
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for the little league baseball tournament in town and was not at all impressed by the hotel. The rooms are clean, and decent for sleeping, but that's about it. I thought the carpeting in our room smelled musty like it hadn't been washed in a while. The sheets and duvets on the bed were cleaned fresh for our visit, as indicated by the sticky note left in our room upon arrival. I don't see why they needed to tell us this...no please, give me the old dirty sheets instead! The hotel has an indoor pool, which I failed to use during my visit. There is also a gym the size of a mousehole, so if you want to work out on any of the 3 machines down there you need to get there early. Every morning there is a complimentary breakfast, which includes waffles, toast, breakfast pastries, some gross looking eggs, bacon, and some other stuff. Again, nothing special..average at best. (We went to the Denny's down the street one morning)

The one good thing about the hotel is that it is centrally located, minutes away from the many shops on route one and Westfield Mall. There is a Walmart across the street and a Dunkins next door. The price was about 100 bucks a night, which was pretty good in my opinion. If you're looking for just a place to stay, maybe this will be your hotel, but don't expect anything special here.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

The room and the bed was comfortable. The complimentary breakfast had a lot of variety (hot and cold) had good quality. The room was a bit cold, but you can adjust the thermostat. The staff was also helpful and friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Middletown, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed 2 nights at this hotel. The air conditioning did not work, and the windows don't open, so the temperature in the room never went below 78 degrees F. Despite several calls to the froont desk and a trip to talk to them in person, no one ever looked at the unite or made an attempt to repair it. After the first miserable night, the desk clerk assured me the next morning that the unit would be repaired while I was out working that day. I returned at 7:45 PM to find that no one had ever been in, and the room was still nearly 90 degrees F. I went to the front desk to report this, and was tols "Gee, I'm so sorry." This was the third apology, but no attempt at resolution nor any offer of compensation was ever made, and following my second miserably hot night in the room, I again complained that the room was unbearably hot during my entire stay only to hear "Sorry about that" one more time. I did notice the managers making an attempt to show their concern by greeting people at breakfast and clearing plates for guests, but I would suggest that they train their staff in customer service and put a process in place to resolve issues for guests. I can say that I will NEVER stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Manalapan, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Spent three nights here while I was in town for a training. Check-in was super easy, fast and friendly. Other than check-in I didn't have any other interaction with hotel staff because I basically just slept here.
The hotel is extremely clean, which is priority number 1 for me. Duvet covers are washed after each guest. Bathroom was spotless. Room is a decent size with a large desk, microwave and fridge.
The free breakfast was your standard fare for this type of hotel and I appreciated being able to take a to go cup of oatmeal each morning. Wi-fi and parking are included as well. Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts right down the road.
No complaints!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Orange, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I needed to book two rooms next to each other. I repeatedly stated to the staff member while I was booking the rooms that I wanted them next to each other and he assured me they were. This was also months before my reservation. When it came time to check-in the rooms were on two different floors!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale
Hyatt Place Milford/New Haven
Courtyard New Haven Orange/Milford
Hilton Garden Inn Milford

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites New Haven - South - West Haven? Share your experiences!