“Always an excellent dinner at Hot Basil”

Hot Basil Thai Cafe
Ranked #75 of 177 Restaurants in West Hartford
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Always an excellent dinner at Hot Basil”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My wife and I, sometimes with friends, have enjoyed this wonderful Thai restaurant many times. Although the location is not particularly inviting, once you enter, this small restaurant is lovely and the wait staff is equally wonderful. The kitchen bustles with energy and turns out a fabulous array of standard Thai and some dishes which are more fusion. We like the fact that it is BYOB and always end up taking so much home that we have several more delicious dinners.

Visited June 2012

New Britain, Connecticut
“Disappointed”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This restaurant is highly priced as compared to the other Thai we visit more often. It was my friend's Birthday and we decided to enjoy some THAI food. Unfortunately we started late and most of the restaurants were closed by the time we started and Unfortunately again we had seen this one on the way while shopping and this one was open. The food was over priced as said and not even worth.It arrived mildly cold and looked as if it was precooked and just heated in a microwave.Tasteless.Never had such a bad experience for THAI food. One of My friends somewhat liked his Green curry because of chicken

• Visited September 2012
United States
“Disappointed”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We've dined at Hot Basil Thai Cafe many times over the past few years so when our out of town guests wanted Thai food we immediately headed to Hot Basil, 565 New Park Ave., West Hartford.
We were shocked the restaurant had only one couple dining there on a Wednesday night. Being familiar with the restaurant, BYOB, we brought a nice bottle of wine only to be told there is now a $10.00 corkage fee. The food was not as good as usual and the atmosphere was non existent, the other couple had left and now we were the only diners in an empty room. For sure we won't be returning any time soon!

• Visited June 2012
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Unique and delicious. Also love BYOB.”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Four of us meet here for dinner often and we all love it. It is a different twist on Thai in a delicious way. The BYOB option also makes it affordable.

Manchester, Connecticut, United States
“Crab spring rolls are the best!”
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I've been to Hot Basil at least four times since we found it in December, and almost every time it has been fantastic. The crab spring rolls are my favorite - crispy and chock-full of crab meat and vegetables. If you order an entree spicy, you'll get it spicy, that's what I like best about Hot Basil, they don't mess around with spice. The last time I went I had the Pad Thai with tofu. It was decent, but nothing special. My boyfriend usually gets some sort of beef dish, last time he had Drunken Noodles and said it was pretty good. You won't starve here, the portions are very big. The one complaint is the last time we went the food wasn't very hot. I am not sure why, because we were only one of three couples in the restaurant. But still, it's my favorite Thai restaurant in Connecticut.

• Visited February 2012