“Great noodles”

Pho Boston Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 178 Restaurants in West Hartford
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

It is a great noodle restaurant next to Asian market which I usually eat after I finish the shopping.

There are newer reviews for Pho Boston Restaurant

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Service was very bad, food was little, my husband and i went there like a couple years ago, and did not like it, but just a couple months ago, we decided to go back again to try, hoping they would improve on somewhat, but NO!! They are still bad, i have no idea where they found those waiters, but they did not know how to serve customers. I will never come back there again.

1  Thank SkyfallOO7
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I really enjoyed having a bowl of pho when I was in Asia, so I was looking forward to trying it in a restaurant that I heard made an authentic Asian soup.
A pot of hot tea was placed on the table as soon as we were seated in the restaurant.
Our party of seven started with fresh spring rolls, accompanied by chicken and beef teriyaki on a stick. The spring rolls, could be called a summer roll in other restaurants, were fresh and larger than served in most other places. The two teriyaki appetizers were good, but not seasoned strong enough for us, so we added some of the sauces on a lazy susan, that are placed in the center of every table.
Three of us ordered their signature spicy soup, Pho Boston; mine was with the raw beef. The hot soup cooks the beef in the bowl by the time it is served and there are generous amounts in it. The bowl also contained a lot of noodles with vegetables, swimming in a large bowl of dark slightly spicy broth. It was spicy, but I decided to add hot sauce to make it hotter.
The food overall was good, but a slightly over priced for the amount served on each plate. Overall, it was enjoyable meal, we will return to try some of their other dishes.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This Vietnamese restaurant has no atmosphere, but with the great menu, great food, and with all of the local Vietnamese community eating there, you can't go wrong. If you want a fantastic chicken noodle soup (choices of different noodles and ingredients), this is the place. So soothing and delicious! Sit at one of the booths and have one of the coconut drinks to complement the soup or anything else on the menu. Value was wonderful, but after a great review by a local publication, the prices went up.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is our favorite restaurant for the Pho Soup. I usually get the shredded chicken with rice noodles. It is laden with chicken, noodles, fresh basil, bean sprouts, and a red pepper for good luck. We also order the fresh vietnamese rolls every time we come and are never disappointed. The fresh shrimp salad over cabbage is excellent with fish sauce to pour over the top. We go there at least once every two weeks and are never disappointed. We are Americans, but when you see most of the customers are Vietnamese you know you are eating authentic Vietnamese cuisine. You can't lose dining here.