“Average Indian Food with Good Service”
Review of Taste of India

Taste of India
Ranked #48 of 186 Restaurants in West Hartford
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Quality food, Quality service
Description: Quality food, Quality service
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This restaurant has been there for many years due to good service and average mainstream Indian food.

The lunch buffet is a bargain but the food is just OK so you're left feeling, well, just OK. Personally, I found it lacking spices so the vegetables kind of blended together like a mushy salt lick. The couple chicken dishes were good but lacked flavor and were dry. Tap water refills were constant which is great because you certainly need it.

Indian restaurant competition is fierce (like Thai) so I'd skip this one if you're seeking an authentic, flavorful Indian meal.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I took my father here for Father's Day and had a wonderful experience. The food is excellent and the service is great!

I started with vegetable samosas... and they were the best I've ever had! I'm not sure what exactly was so good about it, but I think it was the filling that tasted so good. My wife tried a bite and agreed.

For the main course, I ordered the saag paneer, which is basically spinach and cubes of cheese over rice. It was pretty good and certainly satisfied my appetite. My wife tried the bhindi masala, which is sauteed okra with other spices and veggies, and she LOVED it! They also served Gulab Jamun (cheese ball dipped in syrup) for dessert for free!

I'd definitely recommend this place if you're in the mood for some spicy food!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We ordered three vegetarian dishes and naan. All the dishes were fine but none were excellent. The papadum was a bit stale. The service was fast and courteous.

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We had them deliver to our hotel at the Marriott, service was quick and the food was very well balanced with spice. The vindaloo was very hot compared to most vindaloos I have had, I love the spice though. The only thing you should consider is that the hotel rooms at the Marriot do not have air vents in the bathroom.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stopped by after a trip at the mall. The food wasn't bad for an Indian restaurant. My wife's more picky than me and she liked it too.