“After trying other Italian places...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #33 of 171 Restaurants in West Hartford
Cuisines: Italian, Greek
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Connecticut
“After trying other Italian places...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I keep returning to OG. Why I ask. Its a chain. Its often crowded. And if you don't watch it, it can be pricey.

But I return because its good food at good prices. I love soup and salad so its a geat place for me. But the Italian meals themselves are just plain good eating! Stick with the basics and you can come away with a very good meal at very good prices. I've never had anything there that I didn't like. Some I've liked more than others, but never disliked.

The service at its worse has been average. I think they must have a great training and retraining program. The atmosphere is not elegant but comfortable.

Its how a chain can make you feel comfortable.

• Visited August 2012

• Polish first
Bristol, Connecticut
“Delicious Italian food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

The Olive Garden, while a chain restaurant, is absolutely delicious. Their prices may be a bit high, but coupons are usually circulating for $5 off two adult entrees. Once a year, usually late August to early September, they do the never ending pasta bowl which allows you to pay $9.95 (this year) for endless pasta and ever-changing combinations. This year they are featuring five sauces and six types of pasta, which you can change for every bowl; this deal also comes with unlimited soup OR salad, and breadsticks. Even for someone who doesn't eat a lot, if you're in the mood for pasta this deal is wonderful because it is the same price, or less, than most of their pasta dishes on the menu. My favorite sauce of theirs is their five cheese marinara (featured in the endless pasta bowl) which is also featured on their menu in a baked ziti dish.
Once you walk into the restaurant you hear Italian music playing and smell grated Parmesan cheese making it feel as though you are in Italy. A free sample of wine is usually offered to guests over 21 and they have a great selection of drinks. Their salad is phenomenal and their dressing is bottled and offered for sale which is great for daily dinners or parties.
The Olive Garden is an amazing restaurant that offers delicious entrees that can't be found in just any Italian restaurant. Their coupons and specials make it more affordable, and you won't leave disappointed.

• Visited August 2012
Connecticut
“I'm sure we will return”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

My daughter in law picked this place for her birthday dinner. We had a great meal and a good time. They were very busy with a large number of people waiting outside for seating. There were four of us and our wait was substantially less than the 30 minutes we expected.

Our server was attentive and the food was delicious. My wife is now in love with Olive Garden. Probably just a matter of weeks before we are back.

• Visited June 2012
New York City, New York
“Olive Garden (franchise proven)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

Olive Garden as much as people always say it is the fast food of italian food, I don't care the food has never failed me, so so good. I came to this Olive Garden with an hook up of mine and we didn't wait long to be seated. We went to the bar and had a few drinks, I did my usual amaretto sour and she had a midori sour or a midori pour which was quite good I almost wish I had bought that. Now my dinner didn't sit with my stomach so great bc the previous night let's just say I partied like Motley Crew, I was a mess. I had the chicken carbonera which was perfectly prepared, bombalicious. Of course who doesn't love the breadsticks!! I honestly would do anything for them, they are soooooooo good. The set up was beautiful typical of any OG and I can't complain. Awesome!

• Visited March 2012
Connecticut
“Well prepared pasta and sauces, small portions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2011

I was craving pasta for dinner last Saturday night, but my spouse didn't want to mess up the kitchen. Olive Garden was less than 2 miles away and seemed like an appropriate compromise.

I left feeling a bit disappointed. The food -- spaghetti with marinara sauce and fettuccini alfredo with broccoli and mushrooms -- was up to expectations on taste and preparation, but the portions were much smaller than we've become accustomed to on previous visits to this location. We also got whacked for almost $3 to add a few broccoli florets and a half-dozen small mushroom pieces to the fettuccini. We complained and the manager did bring out an additional portion for us.

Total for two pasta dinners, two coffees and a shared piece of cheesecake for dessert came to $43 before tip, a bit steep for what we would have received had we not complained about the portion size.

I'll probably come back here for pasta again, but only when they have the never ending pasta bowl special. The food is good, but the portions on the regular menu left me feeling hungry.

• Visited November 2011