“Good drink menu. Good service.”

Barcelona West Hartford
Ranked #6 of 172 Restaurants in West Hartford
Cuisines: Spanish, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Set in the very center of the West Hartford shopping and restaurant district, Barcelona is located on Farmington Avenue amid plenty of convenient parking. Inside the main dining room, dramatic artwork accents the walnut and industrial design of the room. Above this room is a private wine room seating up to 14 people for intimate affairs. For private parties, the private dining room can accommodate 60-80 people. The outside patio has a radiant-heated floor and its retractable awning encloses the area allowing for the space to be utilized all year. West Hartford is a restaurant mecca for the center of Connecticut and Barcelona is the Hartford Courant's 4-star choice for the best of the best.
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Good drink menu. Good service.”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Went here after a wedding in CT with some friends. Good drink selection, especially top shelf liquors. Had a few of the tapas and were not disappointed. Service was excellent. Wife asked a busser to take a picture of our group. She didn't notice his hands were full until he turned around. She told him not to worry about it, we'd ask someone else. He said the Barcelona policy is to never say to to a guest. So, he put all the dishes in his hands down, took the picture for us, and wished us a good evening.

• Visited September 2013

West Hartford, Connecticut
“Easy to get a table but always poor service, overpriced and terrible drink menu.”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ended up at Barcelona because we couldn't get a seat any where else and were starving. This tapas and wine bar is consistent in providing poor service and overpriced beverages. Food is very different and difficult to decipher from the menu. Have never once left here happy that I went.

• Visited September 2013
Farmington, Connecticut
“Loved the tapas”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Our first time to his lovely restaurant. We were a group of 4 and ordered 9 tapas to share amongst us. 8 probably would have been enough. Waitress offered great suggestions. The swordfish was too salty and a bit fishy for my taste but other dishes were great! Mushrooms with goat cheese was definitely the best!

• Visited August 2013
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
“Nailed it”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I love Barcelona in West Hartford. My husband and I went there on a whim for a fun night out. I was very much craving small plates and I have to admit, it was probably mostly my craving for this type of food that Barcelona delivered 100 percent on.

Regardless of my feeling about it- the food was absolutely amazing. Hands down, one of the best "meals" I have ever had at a restaurant. We had several plates- cool gazpacho, feta, cucumber and watermelon salad, steak, mushrooms, shrimp, and my favorite of all- fresh figs with this amazing warm cheese (I wish I could remember the name)- with honey and almonds.

Our waitress was very helpful, explaining items we had questions on, making recommendations for us and was very attentive and friendly.

I do not have enough words that would describe how much I enjoyed my meal here- and my favorite part was trying items that are seasonal on their menu. I know when I go back they may not be there, but that it would be a great experience overall. It's a nice atmosphere for friends, groups, couples, and they also have outdoor dining.

• Visited July 2013
Cheshire, Connecticut
“This great meal could not be rained out.”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Spent a lovely Saturday evening on the patio of Barcelona, enjoying a wide variety of tapas. They were all tasty and pleasantly presented. The waiters were excellent.

Near the end of our dinner, a sudden downpour struck and water began leaking through the awning. The staff sprung into action relocating diners and pushing the puddles off to prevent a collapse. Within minutes, the rain stopped, and a few minutes later they had the tables and chairs clean and dry. Outstanding response!

Finally, even though our table stayed mostly dry and we were only slightly inconvenienced, they comped our last two plates. I expect to return soon and often.

• Visited August 2013