“so NOT worth the money”

Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana
Ranked #20 of 179 Restaurants in West Hartford
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed December 28, 2013

have been to Frank Pepe before, always for take-out for pizza...dont get me wrong, the pizza is tasty, but honestly...the price they charge is so totally overpriced...large pizza with minimal toppings over 32.00????....6.00 + per topping on a pizza....for example, broccoli...cmon, I know what it costs in the store retail...at best you put $1.00's worth of of it on there...good thing we didnt get the "roasted red peppers" the girl on phone suggested to put on when we called...I believe the cost for that topping was about 9.00...sorry Frank...so many other choices for pizza as good as yours for at least 12 bucks cheaper & loaded with toppings

There are newer reviews for Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying that I grew up in New Haven. Even the best pizza places experienced serious critiquing by the locals.

Pepe's on Woster was a local favorite before it became iconic. Even those that preferred other places respected it. Unfortunately, that same respect does not follow all the way to West Hartford.

The pizza was good, the toppings were tasty and the atmosphere reminded of New Haven. However, the bread was a bit too thick. With this kind of pizza, the pizza slice is supposed to droop when you pick it up - this one did not. I may be getting too picky like I was back in my New Have days, but I am a pizza snob. I would gladly eat here again but there are other pizza places close by that I prefer.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

For some reason there are several Tripadvisor listings with slight changes in the name and address for the same store. There is only one Pepe location in West Hartford, CT. We have been to Frank Pepe Pizzeria in New Haven over the years, but we live too far to visit that location regularly. Pepe has been expanding in recent years and we were glad that they opened a location in West Hartford, CT. Pepe is already an iconic name, and we were pleased to note that, if you like the New Haven store, you will be very pleased with West Hartford. Same pie; same method of cooking. We went on a weekday night, and there was a line to be seated. Not too bad a wait; about 20 minutes. Notably, nearby pizza restaurants looked very quiet by comparison. We ordered a large pie...too much for two so we brought about half home, and enjoyed Peroni Italian beer for twenty-something bucks.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We have eaten at Pepe's in New Haven and loved it, more than willing to put up with long waits to get in. It's recent iteration in West Hartford (Elmwood) has proven disappointing. The crust was burned around the edges on both of our pizzas, the sauce had no flavor, and there wasn't enough sauce! Service was excellent. Ambience lacking - echoing cafeteria with 24 tables. It wasn't up to New Haven standards. We will give it one more try.

Reviewed November 11, 2013