“Great Comfort Food and Atmosphere”
Review of Corner Pug

Corner Pug
Ranked #22 of 181 Restaurants in West Hartford
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The Corner Pug has been serving great comfort food in a wonderful pub atmosphere for years. Great selection of local, regional, and international beers. The meatloaf is fantastic!! Never been disappointed. You need to try it!!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I ate a late lunch here on a Saturday, so I can't say what it would be like during a busy time of day. Although it took longer than we expected for the hostess to come seat us, everything else was extremely prompt. Our server was friendly and quick and nice to our two kids.
Most importantly, the food was excellent. The table shared the homemade potato chips, which came with a blue cheese dip. These were tasty, though I only had a few. We also all got the special soup, a butternut squash bisque. It was thinner than I make at home, but the flavor was right on, with savory rather than sweet notes. For my entree, I ordered The French Dip, a roast beef sandwich served on french bread au jus. The au jus dip was amazing, salty and flavorful. The bread was soft and even softer after getting dipped. Everyone was happy with their meals - between us, we tried the chicken pot pie, the reuben, and the farmer's plate. The waffle fries that came with some of the meals were also good - I skipped ketchup and dipped mine in the au jus.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We go there after work on Friday afternoons to kick back. Super friendly staff. No nonsense hearty food - burgers, chili. Delicious.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I had an hour and a half to kill while our son hung out at WestFarms. Not very dressed up, we didn't want to venture to the upscale places in W. Htfd Ctr. Boy am I glad we landed at the Corner Pug! I started with a delicious french onion soup, had a Mac's burger with mushrooms, swiss, and onions on top, and we shared their delicious homemade onion rings.

But the highlight for me was our very funny and personable server who is also a bartender, Mike. He was EXTREMELY attentive, knowledgeable (even gave me some tips on making my martinis), and very service oriented.

The Corner Pug makes all of its sauces, dressings, soups right on the premises. Delicious food and generous servings coupled with a great pub atmosphere and a wonderful server makes this a great place. I admired Chris, the maitre d' for his friendly trips bringing parties back and forth. What a great place!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Every time we visit The Pug, we can always expect prompt service and good food. We are regulars here and have been since The Pug opened. I had recently attended a lecture held in the back room at the pug with about 50 people. Service was like clock work, the staff did a GREAT job! A great venue for small business meetings and parties.