“Tasty food, charming atmosphere”
Review of Corner Pug

Corner Pug
Ranked #18 of 188 Restaurants in West Hartford
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I ate a late lunch here on a Saturday, so I can't say what it would be like during a busy time of day. Although it took longer than we expected for the hostess to come seat us, everything else was extremely prompt. Our server was friendly and quick and nice to our two kids.
Most importantly, the food was excellent. The table shared the homemade potato chips, which came with a blue cheese dip. These were tasty, though I only had a few. We also all got the special soup, a butternut squash bisque. It was thinner than I make at home, but the flavor was right on, with savory rather than sweet notes. For my entree, I ordered The French Dip, a roast beef sandwich served on french bread au jus. The au jus dip was amazing, salty and flavorful. The bread was soft and even softer after getting dipped. Everyone was happy with their meals - between us, we tried the chicken pot pie, the reuben, and the farmer's plate. The waffle fries that came with some of the meals were also good - I skipped ketchup and dipped mine in the au jus.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We go there after work on Friday afternoons to kick back. Super friendly staff. No nonsense hearty food - burgers, chili. Delicious.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I had an hour and a half to kill while our son hung out at WestFarms. Not very dressed up, we didn't want to venture to the upscale places in W. Htfd Ctr. Boy am I glad we landed at the Corner Pug! I started with a delicious french onion soup, had a Mac's burger with mushrooms, swiss, and onions on top, and we shared their delicious homemade onion rings.

But the highlight for me was our very funny and personable server who is also a bartender, Mike. He was EXTREMELY attentive, knowledgeable (even gave me some tips on making my martinis), and very service oriented.

The Corner Pug makes all of its sauces, dressings, soups right on the premises. Delicious food and generous servings coupled with a great pub atmosphere and a wonderful server makes this a great place. I admired Chris, the maitre d' for his friendly trips bringing parties back and forth. What a great place!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Every time we visit The Pug, we can always expect prompt service and good food. We are regulars here and have been since The Pug opened. I had recently attended a lecture held in the back room at the pug with about 50 people. Service was like clock work, the staff did a GREAT job! A great venue for small business meetings and parties.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We drove here from quiet a distance, we are pug lovers so we had to try it. The atmosphere is nice, pub feeling, and all the pugs are cute to look at. The menue was a wide virety of stuff. My husband got the Chili cheeseburger and I got the Fish and Chips.
The food was okay, my husbands dish was much better than mine. I felt that it was over breaded, and overdone with a cheap kind of cod. The fries were stale like they were out for awhile. The service was good but it was on a Wednesday night so not to busy around 7ish.
The neighborhood is in a bad area, so I would be careful. I did buy a tee shirt. We spent about $40.00 and $14 on the teeshirt. I wouldn't go back again just to go, if I am in the area I would try it again.