“Stealing?”

Ranked #17 of 183 Restaurants in West Hartford
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I went to this Restaurant a few days ago for the first time. I was really unsatisfied with the food and especially with its services; the waitress who served me was rude and disorganized and she smelt like she was smoking back there all the time. It was really expensive considering the quality of food, I put 10% tip for her that night and today when I was checking my bank account I saw that I have been charged for 20% tip! It is really crazy! I will never go back to that restaurant and I won't recommend it at all.

1  Thank mina s

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a gem of a restaurant sometimes overlooked by others.
Good food with vegetarian options.
Quiet atmoshere: no shouting to hear one another at the table!
Attentive service.
Give it a try!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I ate dinner this evening at the Shish Kebab House of Afghanistan. As I entered the restaurant, the hostess promptly seated me and gave me a menu. As I was perusing the menu, a waitress filled the glass in front of me with water. In my case, I like to eat healthy. The menu of the Shish Kebab House had plenty of healthy food options available. In addition, their cocktail menu was extensive. I normally have a beer with my dinner, and there was a wide selection to choose from. More importantly, I saw beers on the menu that I normally do not see at other restaurants. For this reason, I decided to order such a beer. Specifically, I ordered Magic Hat #9, which is brewed in Burlington, VT. I choose this beer, because I was in Burlington 2 weeks ago and ate at the Istanbul Kebab House in nearby Essex. In addition to the beer, I ordered a green salad with lemon juice, Salmon kebob, spinach rich, and spinach. My waitress brought me my beer, salad, and some bread within a few minutes after placing my order. The bread was a Middle Eastern type bread, and it was tasty. The salad was huge, and it also contained beets and tomatoes. I enjoyed both the salad and beer. Within 15 minutes of placing my order, I received my main dinner. The food was not steaming hot, but it was certainly warm enough. The salmon kebabs
were cooked perfectly. I had no complaints with the rice and spinach, although they were nothing out of the ordinary. After completing my dinner, I received my check immediately. In summary, I do not put the Shish Kebab House in the same league as the Istanbul Kebab House in Essex, VT, but I still consider it to be a very good restaurant and recommend it to anyone looking for Middle Eastern food.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

This has been my favorite resturant of the year. The food here was excelent. prepared well just the right amount of spice and flavor. esspesialy the Pumpkin Puree (Kadu), as side dishes go this was the best i have ever have and i am a big foodie! Tried the lamb chicken, and beef kabab, lamb was the best.
The service was also excelent. nwaitstaff could not be better

Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

A delightful lunch on a Friday afternoon in West Hartford. A MUST return to, this is a repeat but will now be more frequent