“Plenty of Health Food Options Available” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shish Kebab House

Shish Kebab House
Ranked #17 of 168 Restaurants in West Hartford
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Afghani
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
New London, Connecticut, United States
“Plenty of Health Food Options Available”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

I ate dinner this evening at the Shish Kebab House of Afghanistan. As I entered the restaurant, the hostess promptly seated me and gave me a menu. As I was perusing the menu, a waitress filled the glass in front of me with water. In my case, I like to eat healthy. The menu of the Shish Kebab House had plenty of healthy food options available. In addition, their cocktail menu was extensive. I normally have a beer with my dinner, and there was a wide selection to choose from. More importantly, I saw beers on the menu that I normally do not see at other restaurants. For this reason, I decided to order such a beer. Specifically, I ordered Magic Hat #9, which is brewed in Burlington, VT. I choose this beer, because I was in Burlington 2 weeks ago and ate at the Istanbul Kebab House in nearby Essex. In addition to the beer, I ordered a green salad with lemon juice, Salmon kebob, spinach rich, and spinach. My waitress brought me my beer, salad, and some bread within a few minutes after placing my order. The bread was a Middle Eastern type bread, and it was tasty. The salad was huge, and it also contained beets and tomatoes. I enjoyed both the salad and beer. Within 15 minutes of placing my order, I received my main dinner. The food was not steaming hot, but it was certainly warm enough. The salmon kebabs
were cooked perfectly. I had no complaints with the rice and spinach, although they were nothing out of the ordinary. After completing my dinner, I received my check immediately. In summary, I do not put the Shish Kebab House in the same league as the Istanbul Kebab House in Essex, VT, but I still consider it to be a very good restaurant and recommend it to anyone looking for Middle Eastern food.

• Visited October 2012

Wallingford, Connecticut
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

This has been my favorite resturant of the year. The food here was excelent. prepared well just the right amount of spice and flavor. esspesialy the Pumpkin Puree (Kadu), as side dishes go this was the best i have ever have and i am a big foodie! Tried the lamb chicken, and beef kabab, lamb was the best.
The service was also excelent. nwaitstaff could not be better

• Visited September 2012
Wolcott, Connecticut
“A Hint of Fall, Eating Outside Again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

A delightful lunch on a Friday afternoon in West Hartford. A MUST return to, this is a repeat but will now be more frequent

Hartford, Connecticut
“good food nothing very special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I was expecting something a little more exotic. I took a friend here for her birthday. And it was ok. The worst part was the martinis, they were not even cold. A little more care needs to go into everything here.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Goshen, New York
“A great choice for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

Excellent service and food. Nice decor. We were surprised that more people were not dining here for lunch. Great find. Will definitely repeat when in West Hartford.

Visited August 2012