“Average sushi”

Dining options: Reservations
New Britain, Connecticut
“Average sushi”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

It is safe bet, but I would consider it average as compared to other places I have been in CT. It is expensive and thus my holding it to a higher standard. It is nice and clean though. Waitstaff is also pleasant...

Visited November 2012

West Hartford, Connecticut
“Love the hibachi”
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten here many times, usually for lunch or an early dinner. It's always quiet at those times, and the service is great. I always order the sirloin steak hibachi, so I can't speak to the sushi and sashimi. However, I have friends who swear by it. As for the hibachi, I cannot get enough. My only real complaint is that it does not come with enough noodles, and the dinner portion, which is quite a bit more expensive than the lunch, is the same size. I find the hibachi chefs to be funny & put on a good show. It's most fun to go with a big group. They can be a little inappropriate with the humor around the kids, but the kids love it, so try not to be too uptight. The steak is cooked to order and is very tender and flavorful. I usually hate iceberg, but their salad is great. The sauteed veggies that come with the meal are also fresh and crisp.

“$26 worth of sushi should have been better”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I ordered takeout
*Seaweed salad: Standard seaweed salad. Good, but $6? Really? I ordered over the phone without checking the price.
*Peanut avocado roll: I'm obsessed with the peanut avocado roll at another sushi restaurant. At that other restaurant (which is much more affordable), they load up the roll w/ tons of avocado and peanuts. Here, it was mostly rice and seaweed. Not impressed.
*Tuna amazing roll: Good combo of ingredients, very tastey, but expected to be a little bigger for $15.

• Visited September 2012
bristol
“Great food!”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

never been to Japan, but this is a party in the usa... Go hibachi!!! Sake sake!!! everyone of our party laughed so bad tonight...see you soon, Jay!!!

• Visited August 2012
Southern California
“Trendy but pricey? Maybe.”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I understand Sushi in the US is far from authentic Japanese Sushi nowadays, and there are many "rolls" with all kinds of stuff that cannot be found in menus in Japan, but I do expect the ingredients to be genuine. I was disappointed.The restaurant was busy as it was Friday night, had some live Taiko sound, but the service was less than mediocre, and the price was relatively high.

Visited June 2012