“Good Food, Very Basic”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Nashville, Tennessee
“Good Food, Very Basic”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I was starving after traveling all-day and happened-upon the Gold Roc Diner. At first glance, it is clearly dated. That said, I was promptly and cheerfully seated and waited on. The menu is typical diner - vast. I ordered split pea soup which was excellent and pastitsio (something that is truly a greek diner staple). The pastitsio was a bit dry, but other than that, very good and filling. I would return to the Gold Roc Diner without any hesitation.

• Visited March 2014

Andover, CT
“cute and comfy”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

the small diner outside the hartford area was pleasant enough with great food/ i enjoyed it/ grilled sandwich was excellent and homemade cheesecake was light and fluffy and delish/ no i do not go to restaurants at 3 am but then i wouldn't pay attention to reviews like that anyhow/ / my thing was with the cheesecake factory in west hartford that night where the wait was 50 min after paying for parking and almost having a car run over me/ there were so many people hudling in there- eeww~

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank basia d
Hartford, Connecticut
“Nasty food”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Nothing worse then corn beef hash from a can,like fried dog food..other patrons food looked very run of the mill I am sure if your drunk @2am this food would be great..mo's midtown is a better option

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank CTTopher
Bloomfield CT. USA
“Old fashioned diner-”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

You could spend 1/2 hour reading the menu. They have everything !! Breakfast available 24 hours. Service is very good and the place is clean. It is what it is. They won't let you down.

Visited July 2013
Greenwich, Connecticut
“A Bit Pestersome”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Had not been to Gold Roc in some time, thus we decided to breakfast there on July 21st. We ordered 2 coffees, a mushroom omelette with a side of bacon, and a feta cheese omelette. The food was good. The bacon was quite savory. The total was about $24, not including tip.

Though this may come across as shocking to complain about, our female attendant, a mid aged woman with neck length blond hair must have come to our table a total of 5 or so times within 20 minutes! At first, she served our coffee, then soon returned to see if we were ready to order. My boyfriend had been in the bathroom when the coffees were brought, so of course we were not ready to order. Not a frequent patron of Gold Roc, I do not have the menu glued to my memory.

In just 10 minutes alone, she came by 2x! Trying to have a private conversation with my boyfriend, it was rather pestersome to have her fill my coffee cup which had hardly been drank, then come by again within 2 minutes to ask if we needed anything else. A couple of minutes later, she returned with the check. I felt as if this woman was either bored or wanted us to quickly finish eating, then leave. Her presence 'was' rather intrusive and not welcomed, at all. I appreciate good service, but I do not appreciate service that is 'too' forced. And to top it off, I am certain she cursed when asked a question by one of her co-workers about another table. I was just disgusted by this display of "charm and service".

• Visited July 2013