“Cool rooftop deck - average food and service”
Review of The Elbow Room

The Elbow Room
Ranked #129 of 183 Restaurants in West Hartford
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We recently went to Elbow Room after not being there in years and found it underwhelming. Food was meh and service just OK.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I previously reviewed this restaurant in 2012 and gave it a very average review. I just went back a few days ago and I was really impressed.

At first when I sat down (on the rooftop patio) I thought to myself "oh no, why am I here again?" Then the waiter, Greg, came over. He was FANTASTIC! This guy is what waiters should be. He was friendly. He was enthusiastic. He was knowledgeable about the food. He was helpful. He wasn't in our face every minute. Every interaction with him was great. He made helpful recommendations. My son got some chicken tenders/fingers and Greg brought 4 different sauces for my son to try, including one that wasn't on the menu that he made himself. It really was a pleasure to have such wonderful service from Greg.

The food itself was very good. I had some burger sliders that were very tasty. My son loved the chicken fingers (and I tried them too) and loved them. They were very large size and they weren't fried to death like at a lot of places. My wife had a chicken sandwich. Everything was well cooked, and tasted great. My previous review showed the food to be very bland and boring. Granted, we ordered nothing gourmet or anything that is going to test a chef, but that being said, the food was really good- we enjoyed it a lot.

The atmosphere/location is great. The rooftop dining cannot be beat. We had an ideal summer day- sunny and warm, and we were under an umbrella enjoying the breeze while looking out over West Hartford Center.

It was a really nice lunch. I'm glad that the menu was upgraded, and that the food was prepared really well. But kudos to Greg for being the best waiter I have encountered at any restaurant in a long long time.

1  Thank Connecticutguy
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The Elbow room room is a nice lively place. It is fun with friends, the menu is pub like foods, very good burgers and fries and a great brunch. The desserts are amazing!!!!. If you are looking for a wide varied menu this is not for you. They have a roof top where you can eat out side, that is alway fun on a warm sunny evening, it does tend to get crowded early so don't wait to long to go eat. The waitstaff is always friendly and the owners are friendly as well.

Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Went for brunch with a large group after a lupus walk. What caught my eye was the roof top, which probably is great this time of year for drinks with friends. We sat inside,which was cute. Place was empty so it was Good for us. Had the elbow special,scramble eggs,Bacon,Cheddar cheese and homefries all mixed together that they serve on a mini skillet pan with wheat bread. You really can't mess that up, with that being said it was Good and filling. My husband had a side order of pancakes which was shared and where very tasty. I would go back to for dinner and try the rooftop area.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Had lunch there today...the poor service was exceeded only by the abysmal food..how do they stay in business? Our server offered soft drinks, then returned after ten minutes to say the ice tea machine was broken and it would take ten more minutes to fix it..she never mentioned ice tea again until we asked when the check came what happened to the ice tea..she explained that they were not able to fix the machine but she never bothered to let us know that or offer us another choice....it was a full hour before she took our order, despite many efforts to flag her down....many other diners came and went in this period..when the food came my grilled chicken (on top of salad) was ice cold and the chopped salad was tiny and mediocre..and I probably had the best meal...will never ever return!

1  Thank Gerald S