“Went on a Saturday, Lovely Restaurant, Lovely Ambience”
Review of Pond House Cafe

Pond House Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Pond House Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 197 Restaurants in West Hartford
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Prospect
Transit: on Asylum Ave.
Description: Nestled on the pond in historic Elizabeth Park the Pond House is surrounded by gardens & offers four seasons of charm with a menu to match. Changed seasonally we offer eclectic comfort food that reflects the down to earth but playful spirit of our staff. Watch young skaters on the pond while savoring a hearty winter stew. Announce Spring's arrival with a walk through the park followed by brunch on the patio. Stop and smell the world famous roses then linger over dinner as sun slowly sets over the trees. Lunch, Dinner, Brunch & Take out. The Pond House - stylish, fun & playful.
Reviewed July 3, 2017

Took a friend here for a Saturday lunch. The food was wonderful (I had the crab cakes benedict - really nice on cornbread, she had the Caesar salad, which looked fresh and yummy). Afterwards, we walked through the rose gardens, such a pleasant time all around.
TIP: if you think there isn't parking, keep looking, you'll find something!

Reviewed June 26, 2017 via mobile

Visiting Connecticut I was at this restaurant for a brunch date with a close friend. This place is at a nice botanical garden area with beautiful flowers, a pond and walking trails. It's very nice and romantic. Be sure to make a reservation online because when we went, there were people waiting in line. We arrived about 10 minutes before our reservation time so we walked around the garden. It was so peaceful and there were people walking their dogs along the trails and a couple having wedding pictures taken and even someone out by the lake doing yoga. It's just beautiful. When we went inside for brunch, our waitress was very polite and our food was delicious and well worth the money. The indoor atmosphere wasn't loud so you could have a nice conversation with your date without having to talk loudly or strain to hear what they are saying. You can sit indoors or outdoors with a beautiful view of the gardens. We had touchscreen menu tablets at the table to place our orders and I thought that was pretty cool. I was interested in the Katz Deli Omelette which was basically a Reuben sandwich with eggs. I wasn't sure how sauerkraut and eggs would taste together but I took a chance and it was excellent. My date had the Eggs Benedict and I tried some of it and it was delicious. For dessert we had creme brulee and strawberry shortcake. This place will make an impressive first date.

Reviewed June 26, 2017

We have had both lunch and dinner at the Pond House Cafe in West Hartford, Connecticut multiple times. We have always found the food, service and atmosphere to be great!! There is a wonderful, wide selection of choices on the menu, including gluten free items. The restaurant is located within Elizabeth Park and when we had lunch there on June 24th, the rose gardens were in full bloom and were gorgeous!! There are so many different varieties of roses. What a beautiful place, with well maintained gardens and a scenic landscape, and a great meal!! We recommend both eating at the cafe, any time of year, and walking around the fantastic gardens, especially in the June time frame.

1  Thank kzsull01
Reviewed June 25, 2017

While the food is wonderful in its own right (I enjoyed the acorn squash stuffed with faro and cherries), the thing I love most about the Pond House Cafe is the setting. From our patio seating, we had a view looking out over the pond and the park, and were surrounded by beautiful flowers. During the warmer months, there are beautiful gardens to explore before or after your meal.

Reviewed June 11, 2017

Came straight here after landing at Bradley International last week and were treated to a relaxing park setting after a hectic day. I would give this restaurant a 5 for the taste of the food and the artistic presentation. We had a crispy, spicy "rancho" dish, salmon and a peanut butter mousse with a homemade marshmallow. But I would give it a 3 for average service and beige, boring decor. But the food was among the best we had on our 10-day vacation, so I'm giving it a 4, overall.

1  Thank SusanAtlanta