“It is pretty small, but the food is huge”
Review of Arugula bistro

Arugula bistro
Ranked #11 of 186 Restaurants in West Hartford
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Reservations are a must, particularly if you are dining on a Friday or Saturday evening. Otherwise you won't get in. They literally have about a dozen tables.

The food is made to order and constantly good. They have a number of standard bearers, with some variations woven into the base line melody. For example, the flavor of the creme brulee changes every time I go there. I like to custard so much, I sometimes just have the creme without the brulee.

Although I never eat Lasagna while on my diet, I sometimes have their rosemary lasagne. It is one of their standbys and like it very much. My favorite is the hanger steak with a side salad.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

I don't love everything on their menu, but the mussels are the best in the area. They deliver a good sized appetizer that serves as a main. It includes pomme frites as a side. The sauce the mussels are cooked in is so good that we make it soup after eating the mussels.
For dessert, their profiteroles are dynamite. The best around. A full order delivers three good sized profiteroles which is way more than one person can eat, although I have done it.
You can order just one, which is nice. They also take reservations. The service was excellent.
I have had this same meal at Avert, around the corner. It was just ok.

1  Thank Cayman408
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Our friends and us have a quarterly dinner together since the 70s and we tried to select "special" places to have this dinner. We always wanted to try Arugula since we visited West Hartford a lot. We had our dinner on a Saturday night and was very impressed with their menu. My wife had the duck confit flatbread and I had the calamari salad and fish. Our friends had the steak and lasagna. All selections were excellent, the service was attentive and friendly. The dinner area was small but we did not feel crowded. Price wise, very reasonable.
My wife and I plan to go their for lunch one day to see how their lunch menu is compared to their dinner menu, we expect the same level of excellence.
Highly recommended Arugula for dinner if one wants a great experience!

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

very unique food, excellent service, awesome ambiance and YUMMY FOOD!!! It's a must try!
Our favorite was the arugula salad and the flatbreads.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

My friend from CA was visiting me and she wanted to eat Mediterranean food. We loved the selections on the menu here. We were not disappointed. We started out with falafel, zatar & olives which came with hummus and chopped tomatoes and cucumbers. So complex and tasty, we finished that in no time at all. Followed by fattoush, a mediterranean bread salad with lots of fresh ingredients, we absolutely loved this salad. We were getting pretty full when our market cod and israeli couscous came. The curry spices and vegetables in the couscous were well balanced, almost like a thick stew and a large portion. The cod, came on a bed of potato gratin, spinach and tasted really fresh. We enjoyed our dining experience here, the waitstaff were friendly and knowledgeable. We could easily go back and try more dishes from their extensive menu.