“Delightful dinner”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Excellent dinner in West Hartford. Great ambiance, and outstanding Mediterranean type food. Best felafel I have eaten in a long while. Many vegetarian options also. Highly recommend it.

3  Thank Neuenburg

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Terrific and unique menu, great atmosphere. High quality service. Our food was delicious and the chef came out and greeted us. Wine selection fantastic. Small and cosy! Don't miss this place!

4  Thank Christine D
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We must have ordered the wrong dishes, because after 10+ plates, we couldn't find anything much to like at Arugula. The flavors were all around bland, simply non-existent, or over the top. Of all the plates that we tried, a couple comes to mind -

The falafel was lackluster while the supporting pita was extremely over seasoned - to the point where I felt like I was going to either choke or spit it out across the table onto one of my mates. The couscous wasn't any better, but at least it provided an alternative to eating something that tasted like straight oregano.

The salad was okay, and the "squeaky cheese" was good - but how can something that squeaks in your mouth go wrong?

The flank steak was good, but the fries drew no distinction from those found at a McDonald's near you.

Not everything at Arugula was bad though. We liked our waitress, who was upbeat and friendly. We also enjoyed the Croque Madam, but really, a fried egg will make anything taste good. The soap in the bathroom is apparently "nice" as the Lady of the Table put it, but we weren't at a Bed Bath and Beyond.

We felt terrible for having ordered so much food, only to have the waitress take it away. What a waste of quality ingredients.

1  Thank mcolt06
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Such good food! I'm very picky about food and I like my meals to be a little unique and tasty - which Arugula does all the time! I keep going back again and again, which is really the best test of a good restaurant! The polenta appetizer is one of my favorite dishes of all time! And be sure to try the cheese plate if you want a different dessert - the honeycomb with some of the cheeses is heaven! The service is always very friendly and I love the small space, which feels very intimate. It's a must try!!

1  Thank jamss22
Reviewed April 13, 2013

A bit pricey, but the service is great and the menu and the atmosphere makes you feel like you are in southern Europe.

1  Thank Barbara B