“Best Calamari I've ever had!”
Review of Restaurant Bricco

Restaurant Bricco
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Bricco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 179 Restaurants in West Hartford
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2014

This restaurant has been around for a long time for a good reason. Very consistent Good food. Best calamari - they weren't chewy or rubbery, they were very tender. Drinks are amazing. Good pasta dishes also. You can't go wrong. We were too full to have dessert but they had some very interesting choices.

Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

I live in the area and this is my favorite restaurant. The food is consistently excellent. I usually avoid the pizzas, called Stone Pies, because I go elsewhere for pizza. But I love the freshness of the salads, the delicious pastas (which you can share) and everything else that I have had there. And they have the best desserts in town. They don't take reservations for parties of fewer than 6 people, but you can call an hour ahead to be wait listed.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

I have been to Bricco a bunch of times and it is consistently excellent. My most recent visit was for dinner on a Thursday with my favorite dining companion. He had the rigatoni, awesome, I had the penne alla vodka, also awesome. I truly have no complaints about the food here. The quality is great, the service is top shelf, and I always am so pleased with my meals. Will be returning with my parents so they can have some Bricco in their lives!

Reviewed July 19, 2014

This is our favorite place to eat in West Hartford Center. Last week, they ran a lobster special at their three restaurants. We liked the look of the menu at Restaurant Bricco and called to put our name on the list. They take reservations for six or more people and we were just four.
We arrived at 5:30 on Saturday and got seated immediately, a good start. The three course dinner was excellent. Choice of starters were gazpacho or tomato and mozzarella salad. Both were very good. The main was gnocci and lobster meat with corn in a sauce. It was excellent, loads of lobster meat. The dessert choice was pastashio cake with a rhubarb gastric and a sauce on top. It also was excellent. This was a great meal for $29. As usual, service was top notch.

1  Thank Cayman408
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Bricco is one of my faves. The food and service is always great. The challenge is that everyone knows it so there is always a long wait. Tougher still is that they don't take reservations.

My husband and I ventured out late one night for dinner unexpectedly. Since it was about 9:45, there was no wait and we were luckily seated right away. :)

I ordered the Caesar salad because theirs is the best! My husband got the Boston Bibb which is his fave. They forgot the Gorgonzola & pine nuts, but after inquiring they brought it to him promptly. I had the penne a la vodka with wild shrimp and it was delicious, as usual. It's funny because it tastes different every time I get it, but it's always good. Can't go wrong with tomatoes, basil, garlic, cheese and pasta in my book! Hubby got the gnocchi dish with sausage and also enjoyed it.

If you decide to go here and don't want to wait, you might consider going for lunch or very late at night. You can also put your name in and walk around the center of town or venture over to a Blue Back Square to pass time.

Overall delicious food!