“All Types of Tacos”

bartaco West Hartford
Ranked #10 of 186 Restaurants in West Hartford
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Inspired by a healthy, outdoor lifestyle, bartaco combines fresh, upscale street food with a coastal vibe in a relaxed environment. bartaco is specialty cocktails crafted with fresh-squeezed juices, beer out of a bottle, and hand-held foods delivered on metal trays. The rustic beach resort design complements the spirited bold and bright flavors of bartaco’s eclectic menu. The stylish ambience, cocktails, and freshly prepared tacos and “not tacos” create an unforgettable experience.
Reviewed July 5, 2013

2nd time was much better than the first time. The first time I felt like the flavors were not all there but this last time left me wanting more. Many different types of tacos served on a tray with a choice of sides and tamales.The tacos are like 2 or 3 bites are some of them are very good. I was surprised that the sesame rib eye and the curry shrimp had some great flavor. The falafel taco was excellent and way better than I thought it would be.They also offer three different homemade salsa's, all very good and the hot one is spot on. The tamales were moist and had good flavor. The tray does include some house made chips and guacamole and I thought that the flavor was good. The drinks seem hand crafted and they were really good, mixed perfectly and with a smile. A great assortment of Tequilas and Rums. They even make mojito's and margaritas by the pitcher. The restaurant has a great open air feeling and the staff is very friendly and professional. I do think its a little pricey but I would go again.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I went here yesterday with another couple. Its pretty good its different but the portions are very small and the prices are high. We ended up spending about $100 with no drinks on taco's and a couple apps. It was good but i wouldnt go back for the price.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We spotted bartaco on our way to Barcelona Restaurant so came here for a lste lunch before flying back to the West Coast.
While the service concept was new (trays to eat off, writing your own order) the food was right out of Mexico.
We ordered the small plate and it was delicious! You had me at the guacamole - full avocado flavor with the tartness of fresh lime juice and cilantro. The tamales where moist with lots of filling. Don't miss the grilled corn.
On a sunny non-humid day on the patio I thought I was in SoCal!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Beautiful outdoor seating, friendly and professional staff, cutesy metal trays for plates, great branding, but....

The food! S'not good.

The ingredients are ok, they're fresh. But the recipes are in my opinion awful. A chicken taco that comes with a sweet red paste on it. Thai shrimp tacos with curry paste. The pork belly tacos, a tiny bit sweet, but otherwise bland.

This is our second visit. We came when they first opened. We came again to see if anything changed, or to see if we were unfair the first time.

My tastebuds could not be more confused. Balance of flavors, anyone? Let the ingredients speak for themselves, anyone?

If you must come have the guac, it was pretty good and the tamales are ok.

And sitting outside on a spring day in West Hartford.....

Priceless!

1  Thank Redbushy
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Instead of the platter, this time around we ordered separate dishes which included fish, shrimp and chicken tacos, three sides-we chose cucumber salad, chipotle slaw, fire roasted corn. We also ordered a wedge salad with a delicious tangy dressing. To drink we ordered the white wine sangria.

Everything was delicious. Our waitress, while satisfactory, only did the bare minimum and didn't seem very excited about anything except the dessert menu, hahaha.

Overall, it was another good experience. Next time I go I will go back to ordering the platter to share as it is more cost effective for a party of two and there are enough choices to make everyone happy.