“Good place to unwind with friends”
Review of Cuvee - CLOSED

Cuvee
Cuisines: Bar, American, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Wine bar with food.
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Good place to unwind with friends”
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

We went on a Wednesday and it was fairly quiet. The happy hour is from 5-7pm and the whole menu is half price and the portions are big. We ordered the lobster, salmon, scallops and salad. Everything was delicious and well presented. I had the house special wine and my friends had the pomegranate martini which were excellent. I didn't mind the dark decor and the shuttered windows but my friends were not thrilled. More geared towards the young clubby type. I have been here before and quite like the setting.

1 Thank RPK1990

Connecticut
“Not welcoming”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

This is a unique review. We cannot tell you anything about the food or service because we were unable to experience them. When we arrived at Cuvee at 5:20 on Friday evening to sample what looked to be an interesting menu, we were denied a table. The restaurant was no more than 20% occupied. As we looked at all of the empty tables in the bar, we were told that none were available. After speaking with another couple who had a similar experience, we were left with the same impression, namely, that since we were not "twenty somethings" we were not welcome. Obviously, we won't be recommending Cuvee.

Visited June 2014
4 Thank TwoForTheRoad2
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best happy hour in WH”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Fifty percent off everything for happy hour and a great environment! Wish they were open on Monday's!

Visited October 2013
“Find someplace else”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

What seems like a nice, upscale wine bar is so loud in the bar area you can't think. And that's before the techno music starts between 10 and 11. Why a manager wants to clear out tables of folks spending $100 per hour for the "drinks on daddy's credit card" crowd is beyond me- especially in WH - we don't have many Beyoncé and Jay Z types around here. Snacks are good- too bad everything else sucks!

• Visited October 2013
Enfield, Connecticut, United States
“Poor service during Happy Hour”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Cuvee has a GREAT happy hour...in theory. From 5-7pm weekdays (I believe) everything on the entire drink and food menu is 50% off! I arrived at Cuvee at 6:30pm on a Tuesday thinking I got there in time to at least have 2 drinks before happy hour ended. I ordered my first drink right when I got there. It came at 6:55pm!! At around 6:50pm I wanted to put in my dinner order. I wanted the West Hartford Roll and the 3 cheese flatbread. I was told I could only order 1 food item at a time during happy hour. That's annoying. The food took 45 minutes to arrive. BUT after happy hour ended, when I ordered my next drink, it came out in about 5 minutes and my next food item came out in about 10. The drinks are fantastic and the food is phenomenal but it was so obvious that the waitstaff was not working as efficiently during HH. My suggestion would be to arrive right at 5pm to take full advantage of HH.

• Visited June 2013