“Excellent Pizza - Generous Toppings”

Harry's Bishops Corner
Ranked #32 of 181 Restaurants in West Hartford
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The best pizza in the state. Thin crust and very generous with the toppings. Consistently always cooked just right!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We expected more. The hostess when asked when we would get a table kept saying "Soon". She probably said this each time she was asked. We were seated about an hour or so later. No problem with the wait, just the lack of a definite answer. We ordered 2 Caesar salads which were excellent. The pepperoni pizza was overdone with the meat and cheese being singed. It also seemed very salty. Not impressive. The other pizza our group ordered was the Italian sausage. Excellent! In summary, Harry's was inconsistent, good and not so good.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This restaurant is a sibling to the one in West Hartford Center on West Main St., which has superb pizza: great thin crust, nice sauce, just the right amount of cheese; a perfectly balanced pizza. The pizza at Harry's Bishop's shares all of these qualities and if anything is even better. How, why? Can't say for sure.....perhaps the sauce is a little zingier? Anyway, you can't go wrong here.

It's possible to dine in at either location and the people are very nice. The atmosphere at Bishop's, though, tends to be a bit frenetic; and it's maybe a bit smoky as well at peak times.

We are lucky to have these outstanding pizza restaurants in West Hartford!

Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

We live very close to HBC, and order from here at least once per month. Mist of the time we get take out, I love eating in as well. The only problem with eating in is that you have to be prepared for a long wait as the place is small & the comfortable atmosphere encourages lingering. Eating in offers the opportunity to order a very reasonably priced bottle of wine or a pitcher of beer or soda. They also give you a pleasantly tart lemon sorbet as a complimentary dessert.
The menu is very basic - pizza and salad. But they have lots of good toppings & options for whole wheat or gluten free crust. We go with the standard crust, and it's delicious. It's a thin, chewy, flavorful crust. It gets crispy on the edges. As for toppings, I have tried and enjoyed many - ricotta, artichoke, chicken, burger, pineapple, eggplant & many more. If you like a deep dish crust, this won't be your favorite. But if you like the CT-style crust, you'll live this.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We Nutmeg Staters are spoiled rotten. We have quite a few of the very best pizza places in the country in our state. Each one has something different going for it. This was my first visit to Harry's - won't be my last. I had one of the specials - scallops, tarragon, caramelized onions, tomatoes, and prosciutto (I asked to leave out the shrimp). You could taste each one of the ingredients distinctly, nice and fresh, and then they blended in your mouth as you chewed. I am fussy about my crust. I prefer the thinner crusts and believe they should be a strong but delicate thing that conveys the toppings to your mouth. If they taste good, all the better. If the crust doesn't taste good, I toss it out for the squirrels in the yard. This didn't get tossed. It has a good taste and it's the ideal blend of chewy and crunchy. Sorry squirrels!

1  Thank Linda L