“Excellent Brunch”
Review of Treva

Treva
Reserve with OpenTable
Treva is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 181 Restaurants in West Hartford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N. Main St
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Great food, nice menu, reasonably priced for what you get, professional staff and good atmosphere. Innovative and delicious take on bloody mary! The brunch menu didn't do justice in it's description of the food or maybe we didn't read it carefully. The poached eggs on creamy risotto came with the best roasted potatoes ever and a perfect side of delicious fresh fruit. Perfect! We'll be back for dinner!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We had a nice meal at Treva - the pasta was good and service was good as well. It has nice decor but seemed a bit too bright for a nice romantic meal.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Treva was definitely a hit for a recent lunch in West Hartford. The Merluzzo - cod with white beans, tomatoes and escarole was a perfect blend of amazing flavors. My wife had the Maltagliati - herb pasta with mushrooms, asparagus and truffle oil - rich and delicious! I had started with the beet salad - fresh roasted beets with arugula, goat cheese, fennel and pistachio. My wife had the house salad with was not your ordinary salad - as it included radicchio, endive and baby greens. Both salads were very fresh. We ended with a wonderful creme brulee. We will be going back for dinner soon!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

The hostess was very accommodating as we continually switched our reservation from 5 to 4 to 3 people and from 8:00P to 7:30P to 15 minutes before we arrived. The atmosphere, ambiance, and decor reminded me of a restaurant on the lower end of mid end restaurants. That said, the service was probably a notch higher. We got seated quickly, the waitress was attentive, and the food came out rather rapidly.

We shared the calamari, burrata, and brussel sprouts. The calamari was good, but not great. It was crispy yet still a little chewy. I like my calamari crispy through and through. The burrata - a creamy and sweet rendition of mozzarella - was perfectly paired with the peppery arugula. If all Italian food tasted this good, I'd be a fan of Italian food for life.

I wanted to try a pasta dish whose sauce wasn't a tomato base, so I got the tonnarelli cacio e peppe. Although others at the table had a different opinion of this plate, I thought it was fine, but not refined. It really looked and tasted like the kitchen just melted some pecorino cheese and mixed it in with the pasta, along with some black pepper. Eh.

We shared the tiramisu, diavolo chocolate, and honey budino. The tiramisu was ordinary. The diavolo chocolate was a "seven layered" chocolate cake - you really can't go wrong with a multi-layered chocolate cake. Full disclosure, however, we counted the layers, and it looks more like ten than seven! The honey budino was a nice change from all the chocolate desserts - only thing is that there was a bit too much honey, which overpowered any other flavors in the dish. I know, I know, it's a honey budino, but still....

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I took my family for the Sunday brunch, as the reviews in general were very positive. The brunch menu was fairly priced for the area ($12 for most menu items on the brunch menu). 2 of us had Panetone french toast - too heavy for a brunch meal. 1 had steak and scrambled eggs, which were just o-k. I had eggs benedict. The hollandaise sauce was blah, and the egg whites were jelly-like, not fully cooked. The english muffins weren't fully toasted either. All in all, it came across as the kitchen trying to get my dish done in time to go out with the other food, instead of making sure all of our dishes were satisfactory.

We were also seated in the front room, which means all of the custoers who were going to sit in the back room or patio walked right by us, a little distracting and a lot noisy.

All in all, I was glad we went - now I won't have to wonder what eating at Treva is all about.