“Real Peruvian”

Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

What a great menu, all authentic, all great testing. They are not located in the best part of town and the "former" McDonalds may fool you, but inside is a nice Peruvian decor, friendly waiters and delicious food.
Highly recommended.

1  Thank Susamli

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Don't let the fast food (McDonalds) appearence fool, you, go inside to a warm comfortable environment where they have put in regular tables and chairs, with bright festive tablecloths and wall decorations. I ordered off the prix fixe lunch menu and had the Ocopa, sliced boiled potatoes with a peanut butter/mint sauce, very tasty and heavy on neither the peanut butter or mint as an appetizer. For my main course I had the Chicharron de Pescado, fried fish served over fried cassava with a red onion salad. Both were very tasty, enjoyable and of the right size for a lunch. For dessert I had rice pudding. What I found interesting reading a newspaper review, was how Peruvian cuisine is a combination of Inca, Asian, Spanish and Italian. The flavors are bright and sparkling, infused with citrus. Many dishes are served with both cassava and rice! It is now on my return often list.

1  Thank JHAllen
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

We found Cora Cora because another restaurant we were searching for was out of business. In an old fast food place cleverly decorated inside with lots of Peruvian items. The staff is very Peruvian. Ceviche great, paella quite good, lots of very interesting (but not intimidating) other items. Small but quite decent wine list. Good desserts. If we lived anywhere near we would return.

1  Thank doddsfamily
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We actually found this one on TripAdvisor. It was rated #1 in West Hartford and I had never heard of it. I suspected some kind of review scam, especially when I found out it was in Shield Street Plaza (a kinda run down strip mall).

But wow!

From the genuinely friendly and efficient service, to the charming Peruvian decor and on to the amazing food.

Fresh ingredients, interesting recipes - cooked perfectly. Even the deserts were fantastic.

We can't praise this place enough for our experience and we will definitely be back. Keep up the great work!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Great service, interesting menu with lots of options. Nothing special on the outside, but once you get in you can imagine yourself in Peru. Food is fresh and arrives promptly. A great food adventure! Go & enjoy.