“A great burger joint, not a greasy spoon!”
Review of The Counter - CLOSED

The Counter
Cuisines: American
Description: We are no longer a franchisee of The Counter. Pearl's Grill is an independent restaurant serving Favorite Foods & Good Spirits. "Like" us, or check out our website for more details.
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I love this place. We love to fill out the little white slips to build our custom burger where the options and toppings are endless. Service is great but the place is small so expect long waits during peak times. I love their sweet potato fries!!!!

There are newer reviews for The Counter

Reviewed March 10, 2012

In our pursuit of the best burger places in Hartford my fiance and I stopped by The Counter. They have lots of burgers to choose from, which is a plus. We both ordered Turkey burgers, but we wish we would've ordered beef b/c the Turkey was just Ok. A bit pricey for our taste, but a decent burger joint overall.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Basically this is a great spot for lunch or a no frills dinner. He best part is being able to pick whatever you want on your burger. The burgers were pretty good, just not the best. Overall it's a fun little burger joint worth checking out.

1  Thank JLAA
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Okay, so here is the low-down on this hub. You get a sheet of paper, and fill in exactly what you want your burger to be-- no silly business. You want cheese, you've got it. You want horseradish mayo? No problem. Extra pickles-- sure thing! Basically, it's the american girl, customize-your-own-burger heaven. The toppings, like lettuce and other vegetable stuffy-stuff, all seem pretty natural. The thing is, this place doesn't WOW me. The burger is too fat. I mean I'm not two. I shouldn't have to cut up my burger into seven baby burgers to have a nice time. Overall, THERE IS TOO MUCH FOOD. But, the burgers are decent, just make sure that you don't go into the restaurant feeling that you must finish your meal-- because you won't.

1  Thank GalPal50
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Of all the local burger spots my wife and I have tried, The Counter is probably our favorite. Not nearly a pretentious and crowded as Max Burger which is close by. I like the concept of building my own burger; able to select your bread, meat, toppings and sauce. I have experimented with some topping combos that I now do frequently at home. They use decent quality beef and the fries, regular or sweet potato, are very good. It has a simple metallic decor, sort of diner-like but trying to be more modern. there can be a wait some evenings, but usually not bad, A decent spot for a burger.