“another buffett”

Dining options: Reservations
Hartford, Connecticut
“another buffett”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Well it reminded me a lot of most chinese buffetts that Ive been to. Only more Japanese. The food really wasnt very good, not horrible, but not great. Most items were not hot enough. The dessert choices were very typical of oriental buffetts, awful little cakes with no taste. And not even any ice cream here. I went to lunch, maybe dinner is better. But a beer and the buffett for one cost , with tip, 22 dollars for lunch??? I should have had much better food for that price. And dinner is 25 dollars, but I guess they have crab legs and a few other items. I still dont think it would be worth the price. Cute bar, but apparently no quality liquor. I would probably go again if it was cheaper. The sushi was ok. But I never saw the big thrill about rice and whatever.

• Visited March 2013

Montpelier, Vermont
“Great Japanese food”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

The food is really good, and very fresh. You can pick from either the menu or go to the all you can eat bar and its the same price. I highly recommend going here whenever your in east hartford, ct.

West Hartford
“Wish it could have been better.”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We were genuinely hoping for a nice dinner but it was such a let down. Unfortunately, the food from the buffet section was cold and not fresh. We felt as if we were eating leftovers because they failed to restock their food. There were fruit flies hovering around everywhere as well. Sadly, we will not be coming back. The food was not great and the price was very expensive considering we were eating cold left overs. On the positive side, the servers were attentive and very polite. The restaurant and bathrooms were pristine.

• Visited November 2012
San Diego, California
“Good hot food, horrible sushi”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Heard this place was pretty good then saw a Groupon deal, so jumped on it.

Walked in and liked the decor. Gives the feel of a fancy restaurant. The buffet food was really good, the crab legs were nicely steamed, not overly dry like at some places; the coconut shrimp was delicious, the seaweed and kani salads were great, the asparagus was good, the cocktail shrimp was peeled and devined which is definitely a plus. There were even frog legs which I was tasting for the first time and found to be really good and well seasoned. I wasn't a fan of the fresh clams (they were a bit warm) or the Lomein, but other than that the hot food was great.

The sushi on the other hand was a huge disappointment. The shrimp was dry dry dry and chewy and most of the sushi had shrimp. There's an option to order sushi from the menu and get it made, which may be better but I don't think it would be a big difference since its the same 3 guys you see making it and they do replenish the sushi buffet often.

Our waitress Yo Yo was nothing but awesome. She was very bubbly and sweet. She even brought us an awesome bowl of ice cream at the end that she said she decorated herself!

I think they should just stop serving sushi. It tastes bad and it's only hurting their reputation and raising the prices.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank NY2theWorld
“Fun place, fresh food”
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

We had a groupon and were pleasantly surprised. It was very busy.on a Friday night. The buffet was good and fresh. An interesting assortment. The Kimchi is very good. Spicy. They seemed understaffed for the crowd. The staff was working very hard but was attentive and accomodating.