“Superb staff-Very good food”

Rizzuto's Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Rizzuto's Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 172 Restaurants in West Hartford
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: S. Main Street
Description: Rizzuto's Italian Restaurant and Bar in West Hartford, CT combines a warm urban environment and genuine hospitality with a rustic Italian menu and authentic stone-fired Neapolitan brick oven pizza that focuses on fresh ingredients, simple preparations and great value. Rizzuto's is a community driven, family friendly Italian restaurant and gathering destination for everyone to enjoy a great dining experience. In 2008 Rizzuto's opened its second Italian restaurant dining & bar location in West Hartford, CT's Blue Back Square, a retail, dining and entertainment district. The large multi-dimensional space dazzles with an active display kitchen, large stone-clad wood-burning pizza oven, antique-designed wood-burning grill, pasta pantry, and a private wine room for events.
New Haven, Connecticut
“Superb staff-Very good food”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This is one of those places where the staff made the difference. Don't get me wrong, the food was worth returning for. The steak and Parmesan fries was memorable. I would have preferred they trim the steak a little better, but it was done as I asked and good quality steak. My friend has some sort of pumpkin ravioli thing which she called "exceptional."

But if the food wasn't reason enough to visit the STAFF was superb. I had reservations but wound up drinking at the bar with my friend first. The young lady who tended bar was efficient, friendly and knew how to make an excellent Stoli martini. The young woman who took care of us in the dining room was equally friend, efficient and knew when to be there and when to "stay away." A laudable skill. Too much attention from the wait staff is annoying, too little is equally so.

The apple whatever-it-was we had for desert was uninspiring. They need to work on the desert part of the menu.

Prices were reasonable and yes, I'll happily go back.

• Visited October 2013

New York City, New York
“hit, and a lot of miss.”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Passing through West Hartford and stopped at Rizzuto's. There were 3 people in our party, and with all the plates, the food was very hit-and-miss (some dishes were over-salted to the point of not being edible. The service was crap; our waiter was trying, but has no idea what to do at all. What Italian place doesn't have a table red?

Most importantly, for the love of go, tiramisu shouldn't be chocolate cake with some icing on it.

• Visited September 2013
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Good food, horrible service”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

What happened to this restaurant. The food was good but the atmosphere and service was terrible. How does a restaurant run out of house Pinot Grigio. Are you kidding me! The greeter looked dirty and our waiter had no clue what was happening. I was sharing my entree so hey brought out an extra plate and said I needed to cut the entree. REALLY. Too bad, I used to really like this place. Wish I read trip advisor before we went.

• Visited September 2013
Massachusetts
“My new favorite Italian!!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I went to Rizzuto's today for an al fresco lunch with a friend, and I'm surprised that there are so many negative reviews, because I found this place to be pretty freakin' amazing. The food is delicious and authentic, yet they source everything locally, right down to their vodka. The prices are reasonable, at least on the lunch menu ($11 for a fancy 2-3 person pizza and $20 for a HUGE antipasti platter, complete with CT-made ricotta drizzled with honey, which I could've eaten all day).

Our server was wonderful too. I wish I remembered her name but I don't. We asked if we could split a pistachio dessert martini in 2 separate glasses, and it wasn't a problem. In fact, she brought us what appeared to be 2 normal-sized martinis, saying that the bartender was feeling generous, and we were still only charged for 1!! Needless to say, we will be back, and soon!

• Visited August 2013
North Haven, Connecticut
“Great food, awkward experience”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Our first experience at Rizzuto's was very good other than having an awkward waitress. All of the food was fantastic and the smell of the wood fire made for a great atmosphere.

Our waitress seemed to be busy with other things or just didn't want to be there on the night we dined, however the host helped her out and made up for her slack. The idea of having 3 different employees serving us was awkward and somewhat took away from the experience.

I did fill out a customer survey they provided and the manager followed up with me and personally invited me back to dine with them and offered drinks and appetizers on the house. This left me feeling good about giving it another shot and I'll be more than happy to.

Visited August 2013