“Excellent meal!”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 171 Restaurants in West Hartford
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Memorial Road
Transit: Easily Accessible to Farmington Ave/ South Main Street Stops on the 60, 62, 64, 66 Bus Lines
Description: Fleming's West Hartford, CT is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located on South Main Street just south of Farmington Ave, between Westfarms Mall and Elizabeth Park. Fleming's in West Hartford, located in the historic Educational Building, just off West Hartford Center and next to the Noah Webster Library, offers Guests an exceptional restaurant experience driven by a passion for steak and wine. Join us for a drink after work and choose from 100 wines by the glass or a handcrafted cocktail. Then stay to enjoy an exceptional selection of USDA Prime steaks and fresh seafood.
South Windsor, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Great food, great service! Pricey, but worth it for a nice treat. We all had the smaller filet mignon and split a side dish and it was plenty of food for all.

Visited March 2013

“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

The filet mignon is melt in your mouth delicious. The wait staff is well intentioned and very friendly but I was never offered a drink choice, so water was fine. For dessert our table of three was brought a plate with three absolutely delicious cupcakes. It would have been nice to have individual plates And forks

Wethersfield, Connecticut, United States
“Bad service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Hi,

I would like to share the bad experience we had at the restaurant. We went there to celebrate our wedding anniversary, we picked this restaurant for the fine cuisine but nobody ever told us how bad the service was. Our server was Stephanie a very rude woman.

First, she asked us if we wanted something to drink. After asking for 3 drinks and not having any I finally found one that was available but our server rudely questioned my choice making a sarcastic comment of the wine I picked, I think this was extremely disrespectful because I wasn't asking for her opinion, it was not my fault that they didn't had any of the other wines I wanted. Then, when my husband ordered a ribeye, again she made another uncomfortable comment about my husband's choice. By this point we wanted to leave, she was ruining our anniversary. But the worst was by the end when it was time to order desserts. When she was telling us the day specials she talked about the chocolate lava cake and I said that sounded pretty good. After our entree, she came and asked my husband if he was getting a dessert and I said "yes, we will get one" and she said exactly this " I know you are getting that, it is already in its way, but what about him?" My husband said we will share one, her comment was "yeah! I guess you can share. "

Terrible experience!! The last thing, we don't understand why they even asked us over the phone if we were celebrating anything because other than the host saying happy anniversary it was never mentioned by any of the staff again. What was the point of asking if we were celebrating something special if you don't do anything for it?

I couldn't even enjoy the food.

Bethany, Connecticut
“Forget Sundays Specials”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I was very dissapointed in the portions and the presentation. The on-line special 38.00 was a tiny piece of beef and a piece of a lobter tail. Very dissapointing being that I have had really good steaks in the past. I thought it was great that they offered such a nice special and my expectations were not met and I will never return still feeling ripped off from the "Sunday Special". If you still want to go. Order a bottle of wine since a glass cost 20.00.

Bengaluru, India
“Just for a few beers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Its a nice cozy place with lot of people hanging around - mostly working class ...service is good> I had ordered for a veg pizza which was not great...overall -> just for a few beers and then move on for dinner !!