“Very nice, reasonable, great location!”

SpringHill Suites Mystic Waterford
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Waterford
Chester, New Jersey
“Very nice, reasonable, great location!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Stayed here for one night to attend a concert at nearby Mohegan Sun. Received several emails prior to my arrival to confirm and ask me if I needed anything else. Very convenient location, close to Mystic, Mohegan Sun and the Coast Guard Academy. When I checked in, the very nice woman at the front desk helped me with directions and gave me great advice on where to park, etc. when we went to the concert. Fresh baked cookies were in the lobby, how nice! The room was large and decorated very nicely. The only thing that was missing was lotion from the toiletries, certainly not a big deal, but naturally the one thing I forgot. We were on the third floor, and although the hotel was completely booked, I really didn't hear any noise. There are some fast food restaurants nearby, a large grocery store, some shopping, etc. I would definitely stay here again if we return to the area. Rates were reasonable for a suite. We didn't have the complimentary breakfast since we treated ourselves to Krispy Kremes from Mohegan Sun :) nor did we use the pool, but it looked very nice. Overall, I was very happy with this hotel and Springhill Suites.

Room Tip: If you want a traditional suite setup with the sofa bed separate from the sleep area, make sure you...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Montauk, New York
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The hotel was very clean from the lobby to the rooms. There were no marks or scuffs on the walls. The carpet was in decent shape through out. The beds were very very comfortable and the duvets were either new or freshly laundered. The room had a living room area with a kitchenette and desk and a very large couch There was a nice view of the lake from our room as well. The front desk people were very friendly and helpful. I missed the breakfast so I can't comment on that. The only minor things I didn't like were the Styrofoam coffee cups and the thin towels. But Hey that would not keep me away from future visits. There are many restaurants nearby. I can highly recommend this hotel. It think it would be great for family traveling together. It would give a family elbow room while traveling.

Room Tip: Request a room on the back side of the hotel to catch a view of the lake.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Stone Ridge, New York
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Was really impressed with how clean this hotel was. Already a big Marriott fan, but this exceeded my expectations. VERY reasonably priced, great breakfast and friendly staff. Only 25 minutes from Mohegan Sun and Mystic CT. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank sross64
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Redone lobby.. Mary at the desk was quite helpful in making my stay quite comfortable. Rooms were large and clean and warm. Even though the outside temperature was at -7. Just a little confusing getting access to the entrance to the hotel. On the GPS you have to use New London as the hotel address . This property had a nice heated pool and a complete work our area. Had a wonderful free morning breakfast. Wifi is also complementary.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Acton, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 22, 2013

First time at a "Spring Hill" but Marriott is my favorite brand. This hotel has all upscale niceness of a Marriott but at a great price - especially as there is a full American breakfast (NOT continental as some in another review said). Eggs, sausage, hot waffles, then also the usual breads, cereal, yogurt, oatmeal fruit etc. At checkin they have coffee in the lobby and cookies - AND a bowl of Chuppa Chups - European lollipops hard to find in the USA! I got into a very nice conversation with the nice fellow checking us in. When we left he gave my daughter a big bag of them to take with! We got the room with the two queens and a sleeper sofa. It was a nice big room and the alcove with the sleeper sofa had its own TV. Bedding was the usual top notch Marriott bedding (soft blankets and firm bed). Pool was small but not very popular so we had it all to ourselves. In short, this was a great value at the price and a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: You can get on the side where you get a lake view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Beautiful Jersey shore
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed here 11/30/13 for one night for a family function. Very friendly greeting at front desk started us off on the right foot, and things only got better from there. Warm cookies, hot coffee, very clean room in great condition. We had only one TV in the room between the living space and the bedroom (others have reported having 2), but that was fine for us. Carpeting looked new, crisp linens on the comfy bed, what more could you want? Hotel is located far enough off the highway that you hear no highway noise. Unfortunately we did not get to try the breakfast as we were meeting family in the morning, but we will stay here again I'm sure and we'll try it out then. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristow, Virginia
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I checked in an hour ago and will be asking tomorrow how I can cancel the remainder of my reservation so I can go to the Marriot down the road.

First, I chose this hotel because I am traveling on business. I will admit that I have been spoiled by the Residence Inn in Middletown, RI. They were amazing. I am forced to stay away from my home for 10 nights. I look for a "Suite" set up so that I am able to simulate come comforts that I miss from home. WHen I go on business I do not want to eat out everynight. I like the option of getting my own foods and preparing them in my room. I don't necessarily need a stove top but a FREEZER is paramount. What is the point of having a microwave if there is no freezer? I called down to the front desk to ask this question, and the response was, "for popcorn and to re-heat take-out".

There is a reason this hotel offers more points for every dollar spent. I think they should call it the "hardship reward points. There is a total of 2 paper plates, and two plastic cutlery sets. I just think this hotel in comparison to other "suite' set ups is severly lacking.

Like I said, I will be asking to leave in the am. Yes. A TEENY fridge and NO FREEZER = NO RETURN stays for me. If you are looking for an OK hotel for a couple nights, this isn't bad, but BUSINESS TRAVELERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel if you are looking to save some money by eating in your room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank jess140710
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterford
Holiday Inn New London - Mystic Area
Hyatt Place Mystic
Hyatt Place Mystic
#3 of 13 in Mystic
Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa

Been to SpringHill Suites Mystic Waterford? Share your experiences!