“Your Money's Worth”

SpringHill Suites Mystic Waterford
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Waterford
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel. Rooms are clean , great beds and friendly staff. Location is a bit hard to find from Mohegan Sun, but that was the only downside. You can't do better for your hotel dollar.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
WHGGuestService, Manager at SpringHill Suites Mystic Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for your review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed one night for a concert at Mohegan Sun. This hotel no longer offers a casino shuttle service, but did reccomend a taxi service. (cost was $30 fixed rate, one way) Rooms were newly renovated, very clean with comfortable beds. Free breakfast was ok with the basics, but hey, it's free. I have stayed here before this visit and would return without question. Friendly, helpful staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've stayed at literally hundreds of Marriott properties - all brands - and this Springhill Suites had excellent service and great value. The room was larger than many I've stayed in - and although we checked in very, very late - Gene - the front desk staff person - was friendly and helpful. I knew that the hotel was adjacent to I-95, and had asked for a room "away from the highway noise" in my notes - and Gene put us into a room that was as far away from the highway as we could get. I've stayed at this hotel in the past on several occasions - and would stay there again.

Room Tip: all good rooms - rooms in the back are away from the highway.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Checked-in on Saturday evening with friends for visiting the Casinos nearby, booked the Gas Package which included Suite, free breakfast and 25 Dollar GAS Card. Suite was spacious, neat and clean with good quality stuff inside, free parking.
Buffet breakfast next morning was average with slow service, included cheese omelets, waffles, bagels, milk, yogurt, beverages etc.
The disappointing part:
- Phone in the room did not work
- As per package details gift card value was 25 dollars but the card given to me turned out to be worth 20 dollars when I used it at the Gas pump
- No silverware present in room as described on hotel website in the room details
There are few comparable choices around in the area, would recommend those over this property if you are paying nearly the same price.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
WHGGuestService, Manager at SpringHill Suites Mystic Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback as it is invaluable for providing better service to our guests. We are currently addressing the issues that you mentioned in your review, and I would like to apologize for these lapses as I am sure this must have been frustrating for you. I do hope that if you return to the area you might give our property another try, we would appreciate the opportunity to earn your business again.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stay at this hotel every time I visit Waterford on business (several times a year). The location is a little odd, if you're not familiar with the area, but once you find it, you'll be very happy with the place. It's clean and recently renovated. Very friendly staff, and a decent free breakfast in the lobby (nothing to write home about, but the price is right). The gear in the fitness center is new and each piece of equipment has its own video monitor (which I like). Comfy beds and good wi-fi.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
WHGGuestService, Manager at SpringHill Suites Mystic Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to review our property. It is great to hear that we are your hotel of choice when traveling to the area. Thank you for your feedback on our recent renovation, I am glad that you enjoy the changes that we have made and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed here with friends and have to say that this was one of the cleanest places I have ever stayed. We found out from the lady who was working at the Front Desk that the hotel had been newly renovated and it was quite lovely. The breakfast had a very nice selection but what made our stay great was the staff. Mary, at the Front Desk was so friendly and always had a smile on her face as well as John, who seemed to keep every one laughing.. She sent us to a wonderful seafood restaurant then a great little neighborhood Pasta place the next night....and the directions given to us couldn't have been better! Kudos to a job well done! I can't wait to come back and enjoy their hospitality again!

Room Tip: We had adjoining rooms which allowed us to travel back and forth without going into the hallway.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
WHGGuestService, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Mystic Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for your review! John, Mary and the entire SpringHill Suites team are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and took the time to let other travelers know what you thought about our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband has been a Platinum Marriott member for almost a decade, and we have stayed at several different Spring Hill Suites. This was our most disappointing experience. The hotel was being renovated, which is fine, but this is no excuse for all the bins, trash and equipment in the halls and stairwells. The desk clerk was efficient but not very friendly. We were assigned to a room that had not been remodeled and it looked like the room was not being taken care of waiting for renovation, e.g., there was a solid ring of mold around the tub. I requested a different room, and the clerk offered us our choice between two renovated rooms (which she should have put us in to start with!) We were very unhappy with the hotel, and this was compounded by the fact we felt the rates at the hotel were too high (offseason was $139 per night or 25,000 points).

The next morning the manager approached my husband and apologized. He offered us $50 off the room rate and 5,000 points. My husband said that the room we assigned should not be rented to anyone else, and suggested that the manager inspect the room himself. The manager also sent me an email and a follow-up. I was very impressed with the manager because I felt that he cared and wanted us to be happy customers. We did too – we frequent the area would prefer to stay at Marriott (our next visit is booked at a Howard Johnson’s  ). Based on the actions of the manager, we may try the hotel again after the renovations are completed.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
WHGGuestService, Manager at SpringHill Suites Mystic Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at our property. It must have been frustrating to have to transfer rooms during your stay, and I apologize that you were unhappy with our hotel. We have since completed our renovations and I think that you will be much happier with the facilities if you choose to stay with us again. Thank you for your kind works about the manager whom you spoke with, he absolutely does care and wants you (and all of our guests) to be happy and I do hope that we may have another opportunity to earn your business in the future.

Christopher Chiappa

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterford
Holiday Inn New London - Mystic Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Mystic
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
#2 of 4 in Uncasville

Been to SpringHill Suites Mystic Waterford? Share your experiences!