“Clean, No Frills Motel”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Waterford
long island, new york
“Clean, No Frills Motel”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We stopped overnight on our way to a Funeral in Colchester, CT where there are no hotels! We checked in 11:00 pm. The man at the desk was very nice. Room was very clean. Unfortunately, there were only towels for 2 people and there were 3 of us. I tried to call the desk and an answering machine picked up which was disappointing. Next morning I had to go down to get towels, but the woman in the office was very nice and got me a set right away. There was a little spread of donuts, bagels, muffins, juice ,coffee and tea. Nice touch. Beds were too hard for my taste, and there was noise from I-95 all night. It was very easy on and off access though so I guess noise is to be expected. The wall mounted hair dryer was unexpected, and a nice touch. Honestly I do not stay in motels and but I need to say this was a lot better than I was expecting!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tsmom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Jackson, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We decided to stay at this hotel for it's location and value. It is located only 15 minutes away from Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods. It is also close to several local attractions and parks. The staff was extremely friendly and the room was very clean. There is an ample amount of space with a small kitchen area including a stove range, sink, microwave and refridgerater.The next time we come to visit, we will definitely choose this hotel again! Thanks Rodeway Inn!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank David L
South Kingstown, Rhode Island
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Love the Inn, quiet and peaceful. Stayed there a month ago to explore Foxwoods and take my wife to dinner in Mystic, Connecticut. One female housekeeper was very loud though and yelling outside my door and when I looked out the window to see what was going on around 6 am, I saw her standing outside my window speaking and laughing way too loudly which woke me up, then she was yelling at the male housekeeper very loudly and rudely later on in the morning. Don't know what her issue was but she was very loud and rude and woke up both me and my wife. Other than than, very quiet, neat little hotel, wife and I had a great time.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Donny54116
East Granby, Connecticut
Reviewed January 16, 2012

The room had been updated in many years and the TV was a tiny CRT. The beds were decent. It was clean and the staff was friendly. Not the place for a romantic getaway but a decent choice if you just need something cheap and clean.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank WhollyHeretic
Westfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Pretty much what was expected for the price. Clean quiet and basic, but the staff was pleasant and the cute dog who greeted us at check in was adorable. Location was great, we found food and shopping easily.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank inthinair
NJ
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Well maintained property inside & out. Very clean rooms with a refrigerator & microwave. If you are on a budget yet still expect a nice place to stay, this is a great choice. I stay in this area several times a year and will definitely stay here again. The hotel is conveniently located just off I-95, but is set back far enough that there is no highway noise. Overall, just a great experience with this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank artvandalay311
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Friendly, courteous staff. The rooms are small but adequate very comfortable, CLEAN, and very affordable especially in this economy. Good fresh pastries, muffins and bagels, juice, coffee tea and milk. The rooms have a fridg,and microwave . We didn't have time to use the barbecue or pool but was a great find. We were pleased they offered senior discounts. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank pat m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterford
Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London
Best Western Olympic Inn
Oakdell Motel
Oakdell Motel
#3 of 5 in Waterford

Been to Rodeway Inn Waterford? Share your experiences!