“Wonderful place to go”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We checked TA and saw the good ratings and decided to try them for breakfast. The food was fresh, service was fast and staff friendly and welcoming. We enjoyed it so much we went back for breakfast Sunday before we got on the road to go home, the 2nd time did not disappoint.

They are only open until 2:00 so if you get the opportunity give them a try. They do not accept credit cards, only cash but there is an ATM in the building.

Enjoy

There are newer reviews for When Pigs Fly Cafe

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Great place for breakfast or lunch, tucked into an historic area of Waterford called Jordan Village. This place has great food, using fresh ingredients and cooked to order. Delicious breakfasts and lunches...they are only open until early afternoon, and on weekends the lines can be long, because it is not a big place. But what a wonderful place for those of us trying to eat healthy! And I can bring my vegan daughter here and she can find very good things to eat! They also brew up many different flavored coffees (stored in urns) which were very good. And the prices are reasonable. Not to be missed on a trip to this area, in my boo!

Reviewed April 3, 2014

My husband and I were heading to Newport Rhode Island for the weekend with 2 other couples and wanted someplace different to have breakfast. Did some research - thank you tripadvisor and came upon When Pigs Fly Café. It isn't too big and we had maybe a 10-15 minute wait for a table for 6 people. I love the coffee bar they have, just help yourself, while you wait. The food was outstanding and good size portions. Loved the vegetarian hash with my poached eggs. Service was quick, bathrooms clean, all in all a great place to eat. I will definitely be back and would recommend it to anyone traveling in this area.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

My meal here was my favorite breakfast out since I started eating a more low-glycemic diet. I had a tasty large omelet and a whole grain pancake that seemed nice and healthy with a hearty texture and not too sweet (they have regular pancakes too). The atmosphere was pleasant, and the pig themed decor was fun but not overwhelming. It was a nice restaurant option between a traditional diner and an expensive fancy place. It wasn't too full when we arrived but by the time we left around 9:30 it was much more busy. I'm sticking with 4 stars because my husband felt his home fries could use some improvement - a little bland with a little too many crispy bits for his taste. It's also a pet peeve of mine when restaurants serve the fake high fructose corn syrup stuff and charge extra for real maple syrup, in this case $1.80 according to the menu. But we would still go again!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Have only eaten here for breakfast. Great omelet and coffee/tea included with your meal. Service was very good and the menu selections quite varied.