“Solid service and quality food...”

Diorio Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Diorio Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 314 Restaurants in Waterbury
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Grand Street
Connecticut
“Solid service and quality food...”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Attended a function at Diorio this past week and must report that the food and service were both high-quality, and I would return to this restaurant without hesitation (personally and professionally). Of the appetizers, the bruschetta and broccoli bisque were both stand-outs. My scallops risotto entree was heavenly, and my tiramisu was quite good as well. I was the only one of my party to order a dessert other than the restaurant's signature Banoffi Pie, which was very well-received by the others. Parking is relatively convenient, given the location. I recommend Diorio highly.

• Visited May 2012
4 Thank radiowitch

Jersey City, New Jersey
“Excellent Italian Restaurant... whether solo at the bar, or with a group”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I've eaten at Diorio's 3 times in the last 4 months... 2x in a group (5) and last Fri 5/26 solo at the bar as i watched the game.

Bottom line is that the place is great... awesome food... great staff.... not inexpensive, but worth the money for the experience.

You can't go wrong here.

• Visited May 2012
4 Thank mcgonaglej
Melbourne, Florida
“Would rate higher except for our last experience.....”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We live in Miami and visit our hometown every spring. First place we went was Diorio. For years we have gone and usually had a great meal. I don't know if something happened over the winter, but I was kind of shocked. Server was somewhat rude, not the usual for Diorio. Shrimp cocktail seemed warm. Filet mignon had a bad flavor,like it had been frozen or something. Server was gracious and ordered me another. 2 bites in it tasted the same. My wife took a bite and said. "Yuck". No problem said the server. By this time my wife was done, so I did not reorder. Parking is sometimes an issue, especially on Thurs - Sun Was disappointed and may not return. Sorry for the bad review, but I must admit I've had many great meals there.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank James L
watertown, CT
“Ranked 20th?”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I saw that Diorio was ranked 20th out of Waterbury area restaurants and had to write that there is no way this is not in the top 10. In my experience it is #1 in Waterbury. The service is always excellent and never hurried and the food is surprising but still consistently amazing. I just wish they would bring the carpacio back. It was amazing.

• Visited January 2012
Oxford, CT
“Great place for catching up with friends”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

For 3 friends meeting up after not seeing each other for a year then Diorio's was just what we needed. We sat down, ordered wine and started to chat . . . suddenly 30 minutes had passed and we realised we should probably look at the menu. Our server was patient and courteous, he kept on stopping by to see when we were ready to order but we felt no pressure to 'order now'. Two of us had Filet Mignon (medium rare)whilst the third member of our party had seafood - all 3 dishes were cooked to our expectations. Before we knew it the time was 10pm and we were the last diners in the restaurant . . but guess what . . no-one was hassling us to leave (on a Thursday night).
What can I say . . . . a great restaurant.
Final comment, parking can sometimes be a problem when you're going out for dinner. At Diorio's that wasn't a problem, I parked across the street in the parking garage, from car to restaurant took 2 minutes walk.
Try this restaurant...