“Best Italian in the area”

Nino's Trattoria Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 343 Restaurants in Waterbury
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Nino's is right off of I-84 east or west. Full Italian restaurant with many Italian specialties. We also make our own bread, pizza, specialty breads, and pasta. Gluten free pasta and pizza available. Make us your "go to" place for a night out, lunch, birthday, anniversary, wedding celebrations or bereavement affairs, etc.
Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

I have come here several times now and I'm never disappointed. The sauce and meatballs are perfect which is important when reviewing Italian food. Service is a little slow for take out at times but it's worth it!

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed March 19, 2019

The food was very good. I went with a party of four and everyone was happy with their meals. The resturaunt is large enough to handle many diners at once. Nice, clean place with good service.
However, TWICE, our waitress asked us if we wanted something and walked away before we could answer. After one of these episodes we had to flag down another waiter to ask if he could send ours back.
Still, I recommend this place, very good food at a reasonable price.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 26, 2019 via mobile

Stopped here coming home from Rhode island on a Sunday evening. Greeter at the door was nice but manager by here side didn't even acknowledge us. Waiter was great. Food was great. Both had linguini and clam sauce. Salad and bread were great. Walking out greeter said goodnight and manager again wouldn't even look up. Thought it was odd.

Reviewed February 24, 2019

We were a group of seniors (old, not high school) and we received excellent efficient and welcoming service by Denisa, our waitperson. Soups, sauces, salmon, veal, calzones - all were deemed delicious. Portions were large - most of us took home good size containers of leftovers. They make their own bread - excellent, especially the garlic bread, hot out of the oven. The dining area is roomy. They accommodated several separate checks among us - not everyone does. They have take-out, including that yummy bread, by the loaf, and their own fresh pasta. Good coffee to finish our meal and if Denisa is on duty make sure to order a cappuccino-she knows how to work the machine. They have a lunch menu but you can only order off the dinner menu on Sunday.

Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

dubs. Went there late on Sunday afternoon for an early dinner. It was really not that crowded which was fine with us. I wanted Pizza and my husband wanted a grinder. We were informed that they only do hot grinders on Sunday's no cold cuts. That was OK he wanted Eggplant Parm. So he got that and I hot a small pizza with a Ceaser salad. Everything came out in about 20 minutes and it was delicious. Husband said his grinder was cooked and seasoned just the way he liked it. It was a great dinner and I can't wait to try some of their other Italian dishes.