“Always consistent and reliable”
Review of Nino's Trattoria

Nino's Trattoria
Ranked #8 of 315 Restaurants in Waterbury
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I have been here several times over the years and the meals have been very consistent and good. We both shared the eggplant rollatini appetizer that could have been a meal for one. It was good. I had the beef braciole that was also delicious and my dining companion had the gnocchi with Gorgonzola sauce. It was very good and that's what I'm getting the next time! I noticed they are doing an outside remodel on the building. They also had some beautiful in store made whole wheat pasta in the front display case. The thick paparadelle pasta that came with my dish was very hearty.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I came to Nino's around 9:15pm. Even though it was late, the restaurant closes at 10pm. Our waiter Orlando greeted us in a professional manner. He was very polite and eager to serve and please us. We each had salads which were very fresh and tasty. Orlando did an outstanding job waiting on us. Two thumbs up to Orlando. Since most people don't compliment these days, my wife wanted to tell the manager Jodie how pleased we were with the service. We had a nice chat with her. She was a pleasure to talk to. We highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Was in the area for the Rev3 Quassy triathlon weekend and a friend found this restaurant for a group dinner. It was easy to find and we were seated immediately. A few in our party had very specific food allergies and those were handled very well by our friendly waitress. I ordered pasta with red sauce and asked for a grilled chicken breast to be added. The food came just as I had ordered it and it was a huge portion. The food wasn't the best Italian I've ever eaten but it was good and filling and we all had a great time.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Ended up here by chance. Walked in solo to the bar to get some dinner. The staff was really great. The food was ok. I didn't have high expectations - so everything was fine. If you are looking for great italian, keep looking. If you are looking for good portions and ok italian - there you go.

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Me & my 5 year took my wife here on mother's day 2013 & they made my wife leave in tears. Let's start with the sloooooow & extremely unprofessional service & top it off with waiting nearly 2 hr for COLD ziti and lasagna to show up. Waiter said he'd get another one & clearly showed up 20 min ltr with the same food burnt & with more sauce! The restaurant was filthy & its obvious no one takes pride in it!!! 2 the managers credit she didn't charge us but all we had was some watery root beer & unfresh salad. Way to make mothers cry on mothers day ninos!!

1  Thank jvmburlington