“Some 5 star food, some 2 star food, decent service”

Tower Grill Incorporated
Ranked #99 of 315 Restaurants in Waterbury
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This was our first trip to Tower Grill. This is a spacious diner with plenty of seating. Very clean with lots of natural light. We were taken care of by a very attentive and friendly waitress.

I already knew I wanted the biscuits with sausage and gravy, which I ordered with eggs over hard. Delicious! Gravy had a nice peppery kick that hit the back of the palate. Biscuits were perfectly cooked. Had a glass of cranberry juice with it. All in all, a fantastic breakfast for me.

Husband was not so pleased. He decided on pancakes and sausage. He prefers patties but they had links and they came out overcooked and a bit tasteless. His pancakes were dry with absolutely no flavor. He did love his coffee, though. When the waitress came to see how things were, I mentioned the problem with the pancakes. She should have just taken his plate and brought him new ones, but instead, she said something about next time we come in, she'll make sure he gets fresh ones. What does that mean exactly? That there are old ones back there?

So, I have to score Tower Grill as average. I'm dying to go back because I had great food. Given my husband's experience, I'm sure I'll have to plead my case to get him to go back.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

The Tower Grill is your old-fashioned diner--good food at reasonable prices. I usually go for the breakfast, which has an early bird special. The atmosphere is friendly. Good, down home feeling to the place.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

The Tower Grill has been around forever it seems. I enjoy their breakfast and lunch and the wait staff hardly ever changes so you get to know everyone. I truly enjoy going there.

1  Thank keoke1946