“Nice little deli.”

Waterbury, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice little deli.”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Lena's is a very good deli with quality sandwiches. My only complaint is that they are not open enough! This is pretty much the only place within walking distance of Naugatuck Valley Community College to get a decent bite to eat.

Visited February 2013

Olyphant, PA
“Great food, friendly staff”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My 3 sisters and I visited Lena's last week, 9/29/12, while staying at the nearby Hampton Inn. Being from out of town we didn't want to stray too far from the hotel as we certainly weren't familiar with the area. Lena's was the perfect choice, practically across the street. We decided to order our sandwiches to go which was probably a good idea as there isn't a lot of space for dining at Lena's. That's okay, the food was so good it made up for having to carry it back to the hotel. Sandwiches were freshly made on some of the best breads I have ever tasted. Service was quick and friendly, with the staff going out of their way to help us make choices we would enjoy. My only regret was they were closed the following day as I enjoyed my sandwich so much I would have liked one for the ride home.

• Visited September 2012
Boston
“Really friendly staff, nice homemade sandwiches right off the highway”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

If you want a classic deli sandwich served by people who are friendly and who care, this is the place for you. It's simple and unadorned and really satisfying. There are a lot of sandwiches to choose from and a long list of paninis. They also have some home made cookies and other baked goods for dessert. The bathroom is clean and, on a nice day, you can sit on a small deck outside to eat your sandwich. Reasonably priced and more than adequate for a highway lunch stop.

• Visited May 2012
“Great sandwiches and home made specials.”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Usually there is a line when you go for a good reason, you never have a bad lunch here! I eat regularly two to three times a week at this deli I like it so much. When you go if they have mac & cheese as a special, get some you won't be disappointed!

• Visited August 2011
New York, NY
“skip the fast food and get good, real food”
Reviewed March 16, 2009

If you're on 1-84, get off at exit 18 and you'll find this place on the southbound side. It's not just typical deli sandwiches, but interesting combinations, delicious homemade soups and hot food. Nice people, really reasonable prices.