“Very well done!”
Review of Verdi

Verdi
Ranked #49 of 334 Restaurants in Waterbury
Reviewed November 7, 2015

Upon the recommendation of a foodie friend, my husband, father, and I ate at the new Verdi restaurant at Western Hills Golf Course in Waterbury. The atmosphere was warm and clubby, with booths and tables in a moderately sized but cozy dining room, as well as in the nice bar room. The service was wonderful, and the personal attention of the owner, who stopped by to check in at most tables, was appreciated.

I ordered the roasted salmon, which was served over risotto, This pecan encrusted fish was just delicious - fresh, with some crispiness to the edges from roasting, The risotto was buttery and perfect. The sauce of mango and a little red onion was not overpowering - just right. My husband had fish and chips - homemade chips (fries) and 2 large pieces of excellent whitefish. My father had the lasagne, which was a large portion, delicious sauce, homemade and fresh. Salads were fresh and served already perfectly tossed with house made dressings. Sadly, we didn't have dessert, because we ate the house made hummus and pita, and sesame seed Italian bread prior to the meal. The menu is offers a nice variety of appealing things to eat - Italian dishes, pork, fish -, well described. We look forward to frequent, return visits. Very highly recommended.

Date of visit: November 2015

Been to Verdi? Share your experiences!