“Anna and Jojalli saved me”

Courtyard Waterbury Downtown
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Waterbury
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I had an incident where I needed a sewing kit. Anna and Jojalli (I'm not certain of the spelling) got it and and found me a place to take care of the rip. They saved me embarrassment. Thank you ladies. This kind of special attention is personal and valuable and makes the difference between staying and passing through.

• Stayed: July 2014
Courtyard-Waterbury, Director of Sales at Courtyard Waterbury Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Dear Philofils,

Yay! We saved the day! I am proud that that you were able to me Anna and Yoyalis and that they were able to provide you with the personal service that you and all of our guest deserve. I will be sure to share your feedback with them. Thank you very much for sharing this with us.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Waterbury Downtown

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Stayed here and thought it was fine. They have the full Courtyard renovation in the lobby which is good. The room was comfortable. Very nice service at reception. But there were two big downsides to this visit:
1-all wireless was down in the hotel when I checked in. It was back up the next morning. The hotel blamed Verizon, but this is still unacceptable.
2-the breakfast service in the lobby was just okay. Long lines and short staffed.
In sum, okay hotel but needs some improvement.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank nycfamilyt2013

Dear NYC FamilyT,

Thank you for your recent review on your stay with us in Waterbury. I am please to hear you enjoyed the new renovation to the property. Thank you for commenting on how your room was comfortable and that you received very nice service at our front desk. Here at the Courtyard it is very important that we make you feel right at home. My sincerest apologies for the internet outage, I know how important it is to stay connect. I will also share your feedback with our Food and beverage team to ensure we are proving a fast and speedy service, with ample staff.

Thank you again for your feedback. Please visit us again!

Director of Sales

Reviewed July 28, 2014

I have had the unfortunate experience of having to stay at this hotel twice this year (may 2014) and (July 2014). On both occasions the experience was terrible. All staff (except housekeeping and maintenance) were unfriendly and non-accomodating. They lie about room upgrades. They could care less about customer satisfaction.
The hotel itself is dated. Of the three elevators only two worked (Service and regular elevator). Rooms are not made-up for guests staying more than 1 night until 3+PM.
Overall an unpleasant experience. Stay elsewhere if you possibly can.

Room Tip: Do not stay here if possible
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Optionsopen
Courtyard-Waterbury, Director of Sales at Courtyard Waterbury Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear Optionsopen,

Thank you for communicating your feedback on your recent stays at our hotel. I am disappointed you found members of our team to be non-accommodating and unable to fulfill your complimentary upgrade request. Your feedback is very important to us. if you would like to discuss further we would appreciate additional feedback.

Please consider contacting me.

tiffany.wilson@marriott.com
203.805.1486

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We were thoroughly impressed by our recent stay here (the evening of 7-24-14). From the minute we checked in, every single employee here took the time to greet us. The lobby looked fantastic! Very clean and inviting. The front desk clerk (I believe his name was Frank) got us checked in efficiently and pleasantly, very professional in his demeanor. You could just tell he really took his job seriously. Just like the lobby, our room was spotless and decorated nicely. There were plenty of towels and the Paul Mitchell products in the bathroom were a nice touch, I've never seen those at a hotel before. We walked through the pool area but didn't have a chance to use it. The water was a nice temperature and it also looked very clean, despite the late hour. After driving around the town, looking for a restaurant (we were too late for many of them), we ended up at the Bistro in the lobby. I'm so glad we ate there - the service was great (it was a younger woman, I'm afraid I didn't catch her name but she was the only one working at the counter that evening) and the food was amazing, seriously the best hotel food I've eaten. I had a wonderful chicken salad and my husband had a roast beef and cheddar sandwich with a horseradish sauce and the soup of the day, a loaded baked potato. We were there very close to closing time, and everything was still remarkably fresh and delicious. I'm still blown away by how good our meal was and how charming our server was. We left fairly early the next morning and as we were preparing to exit the building, I stopped by the Bistro for a cup of coffee to go, and again, despite the early hour, the two servers at the counter were so pleasant and kind. One of them gave me my coffee and the other was prepping some fruit that looked just amazing. Then as we were exiting the building, both the gentleman working on a maintenance task in the lobby and the manager entering the building to begin her morning both took the time to greet us and wish us a good day.

I have pretty high standards for hotels and I've never written a review for Trip Advisor before but I felt so strongly about this one that I wanted to put it out there. If you're traveling in the Waterbury area, I'd highly recommend the Courtyard. Thank you again to everyone there!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Angela,

Thank you for your review on your July stay at our property. We are delighted you chose our hotel for your stay. Thank you for your comments on our clean remodeled hotel. I have shared your feedback with Frankie, our culinary and management team! We appreciate you taking the time to express your satisfaction with our hotel.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Waterbury for 5 Nights. From easy checking in with Domar who immediately and happily corrected a discrepancy in my favor to the fast attentive help of Fritz when I had a small work emergency come up and lastly to the very sweet and personable houseman Felix who made sure we felt like we were home and didn't need for anything including extra bottles of shampoo! Thank you gentlemen because you went the extra mile and your were genuine in all your efforts. Thank you for making this trip to your Marriott pleasurable and memorable! Additionally the rates were great, room was very clean and comfortable, and room service was delicious especially the cheesecake!

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for mentioning Damar, Fritz and Felix on the amazing customer service. I have shared your review with them as well as our team. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stood here after a horrible experiance at coco key resort. The staff was great, very helpful and informative.. The hotel was nice & clean and quietttt...Slept like a baby in their comfortable king bed and pillows. Free parking which was great, rooms did not have a refrigerator which was hard with a two year old but we managed; they have The Bistro for breakfast and dinner options at a reasonable price. Starbucks coffee for all you caffeine cravers (like myself) only downside I think it closes early. However, the lobby has a small area w/ microwave where you can purchase drinks and snacks which I found was nice because it's open 24 hrs for that midnight snack. The pool & elevators looked like they were in need of renovation but the overall experience was very good, no complaints... Will definately stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Luis F

Thank you for your review on your stay with us. I am delighted to here you found everything to be prefect. We hope to see you again!!!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I recently stayed at this Marriott on Grand Street. I was in town for a wedding. Hotel was fine, as were staff. Geraldine Russell went above and beyond to answer my questions and point me, literally, in the right direction. I very much appreciated her helpful and friendly attitude.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank BDAMargate_N_J_
Courtyard-Waterbury, Director of Sales at Courtyard Waterbury Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear BDAMargate_N_J_ ,

Thank you for your feedback regarding Geraldine and her amamzing service. We are very lucky to have her as part of our team. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.

D.O.S.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterbury
Hampton Inn Waterbury
#1 of 2 in Naugatuck
Residence Inn Southington
Residence Inn Southington
#2 of 8 in Southington

Been to Courtyard Waterbury Downtown? Share your experiences!