“One of the better choices in the area for a quick stay.”

Courtyard Waterbury Downtown
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Waterbury
Reviewed August 16, 2013

As hotels go, this is probably more of a 3.5. Compared to the other choices in the area, its more like a 5.

The main areas seemed a bit worn. They have a small shop in the lobby and they do not offer breakfast. (Which was ok as we found Ami's bagels a short drive away....yum!) We could only enjoy the pool for about 20 minutes because there was too much chlorine.

Our room was very nice and you could tell that it had been redone. The bedding was very comfortable and the room was clean. A finicky member of our family even commented on how quiet the AC was. One thing that we would have liked to have had was a mini-fridge though.

As others have commented, the areas near the hotel may not be the best for a late night stroll but we felt comfortable and safe in the parking lot and around the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard-Waterbury, Director of Sales at Courtyard Waterbury Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at our hotel. We are proud to be the top hotel in our area. I read your note regarding breakfast. We have always offered a full hot breakfast buffet and a la carte breakfast daily. Sounds like you may have come down passed closing time. Thank you for the information regarding the pool, I will share it with our maintenance staff and ensure we do not have this issue again. I am pleased you found your room to be plus and comfortable, we attribute that to our amazing housekeeping staff and new bedding package. Next time around feel free to contact our front desk at any time for a mini fridge. WE offer them by request at no charge. Again, thank you for the 4 star rating and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed over on a Saturday night. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Received a complimentary bottle of water upon arrival, nice touch. Room was very clean and comfortable. Had the buffet breakfast before leaving on Sunday, and it was great. Lots of variety, and a reasonable price. Will definitely stay there again when in CT. Location is easy to get to, right off I-84.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard-Waterbury, Director of Sales at Courtyard Waterbury Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for comnmenting on our friendly staff. It is our mission to make all guest feel right at home. Clean rooms and a comfortable atmosphere is our specialty! We look forward to having you back at our location again.

Take care,

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed for two nights due to passing through on my way back home from a road trip and having to stay another night because i was having car troubles; and might I say that it was very pleasant. Staff was phenomenal. From working with the front desk associate Sabrina who was very helpful with finding me a room on a high floor and very quiet, To the great housekeeping manager who made sure my room was serviced for my second night. Place a but run down but I see they will be starting renovations soon. Have family in CT and will definitely be staying here any time I visit. Staff truly make it a home away from home. LOVE IT!

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank yu for your recent review. We are very lucky to have a consistenly phenomenal team here at the Courtyard. thank you for highlighting that. Sabrina and Iria the Housekeeping Manager are prime examples of the the excellence our team employs. Come back soon and we love having you here!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I'm fussy. I look for dirt. I search for bugs. Not at this great hotel! Yes they need a face lift and that's planned for fall of 2013. The beds were comfortable, the room was clean. The staff was extraordinary and very outgoing. The fire alarm tripped at 7a and staff did a great job handling it. With the remodel this is a solid four star "city" hotel. Not a resort but a comfortable place. FYI don't get a highway side room, a little noisy.

Room Tip: Ask not to be in a room on the highway side
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent review on your stay at our hotel. We takepride in having a clean and comfortable establishment. I will definetly share with our team your remarks on our oustanding staff. I am glad we could go above and beyond for you during your stay.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed here for one-night and overall, my stay was pretty good. The hotel is located in downtown Waterbury, which isn't much of a downtown. Many of the shops were vacant or low-rent type stores. Parking for the hotel is located in a parking garage (free parking), but you will have a short uncovered walk to the front entrance of the hotel. The lobby looks like it was recently renovated. Check-in process was quick and friendly, and they even had some free popcorn and cookies available.

The room itself was pretty typical of Courtyard hotels and you'll find the usual amenities inside. What you won't find though is an in-room safe or a mini-fridge. Wireless was free and for the most part performed OK. I did try and stream an HBO show on my iPad and I got through the hour show with about 5 or 6 pauses. The room looked to be a bit on the older side. For the most part it was clean except for one hair I found in the bathtub.

The work area had plenty of lighting and outlets and seating was pretty comfortable. You can easily rotate the TV around to watch TV while you are working. The hotel was DirecTV and when I first turned it on, it said searching for satellite signal. I called the front desk and they said it was because of the storm and that it would be resolved shortly. It was lightly raining outside, but whatever. In about 15-20 minutes, the TV did come back on.

The bathroom had plenty of counter top space for your toiletry items. The bathtub had a curved shower curtain rod making it feel a bit more spacious in the tub. This is pretty typical of most hotels I've stayed in recently. There are also 2 small closets just outside the bathroom.

The bed was comfortable and there are two end tables on either side of the bed with one outlet available at each end table. In my particular room, only the one outlet was working.

There is a restaurant on-site, which we went down to in the morning for breakfast. It was buffet style and there were eggs, egg sandwiches, bacon, potatoes, oatmeal, fruit, cereals, breads, and you could make your own belgian waffles. The buffet was about $11/pp.

All in all, not a bad hotel. There was a fitness center, but didn't get a chance to use it. There is also a Dunkin Donuts within walking distance from the hotel. We walked into downtown for dinner, and as I mentioned, there isn't much going on in downtown Waterbury! Wouldn't object to staying here again next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard-Waterbury, Director of Sales at Courtyard Waterbury Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear GigemAggie ,

Thank you for your detailed review regarding your stay here in Waterbury. We hope to have you back her in the area again.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Nice Courtyard hotel for overnight stay. Staff tries hard to please and it shows. Rooms are nicely renovated. Rest of hotel is in midst of renovation . Exercise room is adequate. Free parking is a nice plus.

• Stayed: July 2013
Courtyard-Waterbury, Director of Sales at Courtyard Waterbury Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you vory your review of the hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed are rooms and staff. Be sure to visit us again as our Fall 2013 lobby renovation.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The hotel itself was adequate - pretty clean, pleasant staff (save for the restaurant staff who I had to listen to complain for an hour). The area was very, very sketchy (particularly the residential area behind the hotel), and downtown was desolate on the weekend. The A/C in the room was so loud we had to turn it off at night. The exercise room was small but served its purpose.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank BmxFamily
Courtyard-Waterbury, Director of Sales at Courtyard Waterbury Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you for you review and the caption staying overall it was a good stay. I apologize on behalf of our restaurant staff, and sorry this happened. We will work together as a team to strive for excellence.

I hpe to see you back in the future.

Director of Sales

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterbury
Hampton Inn Waterbury
Comfort Inn Naugatuck
Comfort Inn Naugatuck
#1 of 2 in Naugatuck
Hartford Marriott Downtown

Been to Courtyard Waterbury Downtown? Share your experiences!