“Good stay in a sketchy city”

Courtyard Waterbury Downtown
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Waterbury
Tucson
“Good stay in a sketchy city”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Yikes! I pulled off the highway and was ready to cancel. Almost got T-boned by an ambulance and police, but realized that it would be the norm I guess in Waterbury. Hotel is immediately off the highway, easy parking in their garage. Greeted by friendly staff, reservation was all set. The room was great, although a veery busy weekend they said with wedding parties. The restaurant was empty, ordered off the menu and dinner was excellent. Coffee made fresh in the lobby, and a very nice work out facility. Overall experience was great. Only down side, were the hard as cement pillows. Some hotels offer options of soft/firm, but alas, not here. Otherwise a win for a great price. Quite a nice view of the city too from the upper floors.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Courtyard-Waterbury, Director of Sales at Courtyard Waterbury Downtown, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank for your honest review of your stay. We are please that you found our staff friendly and your accomodations comfortable. We hope to see you back in the future.

Tiffany Wilson Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

The area around the hotel is a bit noisy but it did not bother my family and I. The beds were comfy and the room was clean. The pool and hot tub are open from 6a-11p and were refreshing. I did request a mini fridge which they could not accommodate because they did not have enough. The buffet breakfast needs to be updated because it was not good compared to the prices they charged for it. Overall it was a pleasant stay :)

• Stayed June 2013
Courtyard-Waterbury, Director of Sales at Courtyard Waterbury Downtown, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear princess8103,

Thank you for your review on your hotel stay. I am pleased to hear you found our hotel clean, well kept, and affordable. Thank you for the feedback regarding your refrigerator request and the breakfast buffet. I will share this with our maintenance, front desk, and culinary team as a tool to improve so next time we get a 5 star rating! We hope to have you back in Waterbury again.

Tiffany Wilson
Courtyard by Marriott Waterbury
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This hotel is located right in downtown Waterbury and yet is also just a minute or two off I-84. Parking is in a garage next door and is free. The hotel meets the expected Courtyard standards. I believe that the building has 11 or 12 floors and elevator service is good. The most common complaint about the noise is a valid one. I could here the highway a distance away and on the 8th floor, along with occasional sirens. I didn't hear noise from the hallway or any other rooms though. The staff was decent. The room was in excellent condition, is nicely decorated and furnished and is very comfortable. My only complaint was that the room, oddly, didn't have any mirrors in the actual room -- only the one in the bathroom. Considering that the fan in the bathroom didn't seem to exhaust, this was an even bigger inconvenience. The WiFi was very stable and fast. The staff was competent. One minor issue is that on the day of checkout, my receipt was never slid under the door as it should have been, per the hotel's own procedure.

Room Tip: The side that doesn't face the highway MAY be quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Courtyard-Waterbury, Director of Sales at Courtyard Waterbury Downtown, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we are your overall stay was commfortable. We apologize that you did not receive a bill under your door as this is a standard procedure for us. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our destination with visitors and want you to walk out the door feeling refreshed.We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Tiffany A Wilson
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I've stayed at the Courtyard in Waterbury a number of times, including this past weekend. Despite the noise (more on that later), it's still my favorite place to stay in the area. The rooms are reasonably priced, large and clean. Fast wireless internet. Paul Mitchell amenities in the bathroom. Garage parking is now free (it wasn't the last time I stayed here, so this was a nice surprise). Staff is very accommodating (no pun intended). I wish there was an option to rate them a 3.5 - this hotel is better than "average" but not quite "very good".

The downside is really the noise - you can hear other guests slamming their doors, taking showers and flushing their toilets. Plus the bells that ring frequently throughout the day (it seemed to be every 30 min?) between 9 am-9 pm. I always travel with earplugs but I appreciated that there has a fresh packet of earplugs on one of the bedside tables.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Courtyard-Waterbury, Director of Sales at Courtyard Waterbury Downtown, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Thenewval,

Thank yor for your reivew on your recent stay. We are pleased that you found your stay "even" better than last time. Our staff enjoys to make you feel right at home. We hope to have you back and your next stay top's this one!

Tiffany A Wilson
Courtyard Waterbury
Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Our room was clean, in good repair, and comfortable. The hotel staff was knowledgeable, friendly, and professional. Its location is ideal being close to the Interstate highway and to downtown shopping and offices. This is certainly no resort hotel, but is rather a very practical place to stay for the through traveler or short stay Waterbury visitor. I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard-Waterbury, Director of Sales at Courtyard Waterbury Downtown, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your words regarding the hotel and the service we provided for you. On behalf of the entire staff here at the Courtyard we strive for excellence and we are thankful for the 4 Star Review. We hope to have you back again, but this time turn your good stay, into a great one!

Mrs. Tiffany Wilson
Niceville, Florida
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I wasn't expecting much when I booked here other than a solid, comfortable hotel. To the extent it was inexpensively priced I feel I got what I paid for. I rated it poor because of the appearance which is dingy from the exterior and the noise. I don't have great demands for hotels when I am not on vacation and this was just a short stay due to jet lag. But here lies the problem. This hotel was so noisy, I had to wear my noise-cancelling headphones to sleep through the night. There is some kind of musical bell tower that goes off every hour with a full tune that must play out for about 1-2 minutes. At one point it woke my husband and he asked, "What are you doing?" I answered, "It's not me, I think its a church or something." I still don't know what it was, but I know it goes off every hour. Then there is the road noise, ambulances, fire trucks. We even had a fire alarm go off while we were just settling into our room. I know it is not the hotels fault, and it did not affect my rating of course.
I see there are many good reviews for this hotel, and I am not sure why my experience was so different from the others. The front desk receptionist was very friendly and helpful. But I am sorry to say I personally would not stay here again if given the choice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Majorabina
Courtyard-Waterbury, Director of Sales at Courtyard Waterbury Downtown, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We apologize that you did not enjoy your stay completely with us. We appreciate your feedback, it can only help us improve. We hope that if you find yourself in the Waterbury area again, you would give us another chance.

Best Regards,

Travelers are raving about these Waterbury hotels

Northborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Good solid place to stay. Everything you would expect from a Courtyard hotel.

Stayed here when I was caught in a snowstorm on my way back home. The lobby and common areas were modern and well maintained.

The front desk staff were pleasant and efficient.

The room itself was clean, well maintained but a little dated. Comfortable stay with a nice TV, comfortable bed and good reliable internet access.

Overall a nice experience and I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Miusa
Courtyard-Waterbury, Director of Sales at Courtyard Waterbury Downtown, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Miusa,
Thank you for the hotel recommendation. We are please that you found our staff friendly and your accomodations comfortable. We hope to see you back in the future.

Best Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterbury
Hampton Inn Waterbury
Comfort Inn Naugatuck
#1 of 2 in Naugatuck
Homewood Suites by Hilton Southington
Comfort Suites Southington - Cheshire

Been to Courtyard Waterbury Downtown? Share your experiences!