“Great grinder”

Dining options: Takeout
Columbus, Ohio
“Great grinder”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Great grinders - although beware, the full is a lot of food! Ordering a half grinder would have been sufficient. The canolli are delicious too!

Visited July 2011
1 Thank uasoprano1977

Newburyport, MA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No sandwich shop is better than Nardelli's”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

large quantities of top quality cold cuts, fresh bread, friendly efficient accomodating staff, combine into a great sandwich experience. An institution in CT in Waterbury, Southington, and Danbury.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Jeff_BNewburyport_MA
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great find driving I-84!”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Billboards work, end of story. I was driving west on I-84 with a friend and saw a billboard for Nardelli's, it said easy on/off of 84 and they had world famous grinders. It was lunch time, and I am not one to pass up a great sandwich so we decided to try it out. It is a true easy on/off of 84 and every time I drive this way again I will be sure to stop by.

The shop itself was simple but nice. Looked like a true deli, very clean which is always a good sign. They had bulk deli salads for sale as well as other assorted deli-type things. The pre-made salads looked amazing, the desserts looked pretty good too. We got the Original Italian Combo, one of their most popular sandwiches and the one I think made them popular. It had pruzitini, salami, capicola, provolone, lettuce, tomato, Italian veggie mix, black olives, and we got it with oil and vinegar in lieu of mayo. It was very, very good. The meats were plentiful but cut thin so you didn't bite into a weird meat block. The veggies were fresh, crunchy, and very good. Warning-if you don't like green pepper don't get the veggie mix. The bread was your average grinder sub roll. Crusty outside, soft inside, and good flavor. All in all, great sandwich and great treat while on the road.

• Visited June 2012
New York City, New York
“Maybe not the best...”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Typical NE spongy bread (yuch!) piled high with average cold cuts. I have over the years had better sandwiches in CT and certainly elsewhere. The hot sandwiches not so good either. As a native NYer, I know what a great sandwich is and this is not it. Oh Well...

• Visited May 2012
Waterbury, Connecticut
“I want to love this place...”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I love the idea of this place but I wish the food was fresher. I hate the idea of my food being heated up in a microwave. All they really need to do is add a grill or be able to keep the food warm once cooked and everything would be so much better.

Visited April 2012