“great staff”

Hampton Inn Waterbury
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Waterbury
“great staff”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

great staff whitney works in the front desk always willing to help nerver tell no she does her best on your request /steven great young man works for housekeeping greate smile and assit with your need / general manager very helpful there a wedding group in the breakfast room and he made space for everyone also when around ask if there anything we need.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
New York, United States
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed there for a nearby race a Quassy Amusement Park and this was very convenient. Cleanliness and quality of rooms was great, free internet and nice staff. They even opened the breakfast buffet early since the hotel was primarily occupied by athletes racing in an event who needed to leave very early in the morning, which was very generous. I dont usually write reviews, but had a great experience there and will go back again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

jwalant j, General Manager at Hampton Inn Waterbury, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Alison,
Thannk you very very much for posting review for your stay. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay here. I have been working very closely with REV3 organisers since they brought this race in our town. I love to have all the athletes over every year. We also are aware that you guys need some carb before you start your race and at 4:00in the morning there wont be anything open. We try to take care of all our guests as best as we can and provide them comfort and cleanliness in rooms and great service. I am looking forward to seeing you again next year.
Thank you again for appreciating our efforts.
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Staff was friendly, the room clean as was all the general areas. I have to return to the area before year end and I will return to Hampton, I was greeted by Joe at the front desk with a smile and welcome. I asked for a larger room and one was available so Joe set me up but wanted me to know that it was on the highway side which was not a problem for me. I was staying for 3 days and needed someplace comfortable and quiet, which even with the highway, it was. Joe let me know about the pool and exercise room, coffee all the time and breakfast. The room was nicer than I expected (for the price) but the photos reflect the room pretty well. The breakfast which was different each morning and more than expected. Coffee pot in the room provided that early morning start I needed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
jwalant j, General Manager at Hampton Inn Waterbury, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for the response. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here at hampton inn in waterbury. We always work very hard to give positive experience to all our guests as we understand that you have a lot of choices in the area for lodging.
Once again I appreciate your positive comments regarding hotel and my staff. we surely will see you in december.
Orford, New Hampshire
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn last weekend for the Rev3 Triathlon at Quassy in Middlebury, CT. My room was clean and neat as expected from a Hampton Inn. On Sunday morning I was headed out of the hotel at 4:30am to find an open Dunkin Donuts before heading to the race and when I entered the lobby, the breakfast buffet was already set up. I asked the manager on duty if this was their normal time for breakfast and he said no, and that they started the earlier breakfast for this event a few years ago. Thanks so much to management for recognizing the needs of triathletes on this important race weekend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for taking time out to write about your stay with us. We have been hosting Rev3 athletes for last 4 years and we love to have them in our hotel. We also know how important carbs are to you all before race starts so we made a practice of having breakfast ready on the morning by 4am so that you can grab something before you leave for the race and that is one less thing you need to worry about.
Hope to see you next year too.
Lancaster, United States
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stay at this hotel frequently to visit family in the area. It has always been clean and the staff friendly. You can hear the highway if you are on the one side of the hotel but it's not bad. The pool is great and the breakfast fairly good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Dear sir,
I am very glad that you had very good experience with my hotel. We all would love toy have you any time you want. We always work very hard to make sure we provide the best experience we could to every guest. It just makes our day when guests feel the love when they stay with us.
Hope to see you soon.
Waterbury, Conn., United States
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed here while attending a wedding. Extremely clean hotel, a staff with a positive attitude and a great breakfast. Would definitely stay here again. Best to stay on the side of hotel away from I-84, but even on the highway side, noise is not excessive.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Mr.Paul,
Thank you very much for recognising our efforts in keeping this hotel very sharp and clean. My housekeeping team works very hard to provide neat and clean room to all the guests. It is nice to see the appreciation for them. Also our breakfast is the best in industry and we cook it fresh for our guests.
Hope to take care of you soon.
Bridgeville, United States
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Lots of traffic noise and a noisy air conditioning system/heating system. I had difficulty finding the location traveling eastbound on 84. Other than this the accommodations were good. The breakfast was good - Danish, fresh fruit and tea. Clean and comfortable bed and room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

jwalant j, General Manager at Hampton Inn Waterbury, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Patricia,
Thank you very much for taking time to write a review regarding your recent stay. We take a lot of pride in guest satisfaction. I am sorry your room was on highway side and you had problem sleeping. Also I am very happy that you liked out fresh hot breakfast and also loved the cleanliness of our hote rooms. We take a lot of pride in providing comfort to out valued guest.
Looking forward to serving you again when you are in town.
Thank you so very much.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterbury
Courtyard Waterbury Downtown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Southington
Residence Inn Southington
Residence Inn Southington
#2 of 8 in Southington

Been to Hampton Inn Waterbury? Share your experiences!