“Great staff, clean rooms, no complaints!”

Hampton Inn Waterbury
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Waterbury
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I booked this hotel for my daughters travel softball team. We had 13 families staying here. Not one complaint. The staff was excellent, friendly and attentive. The manager, Jay, handled my reservations with the utmost professionalism. The team raved about the cleanliness of every room, the friendliness of the staff and the accommodations in general.

Thank you Hampton Inn Waterbury for an excellent weekend! We will book with you next year for sure!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Waterbury

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Stayed here for one night while doing business in Waterbury. The King room was comfortable and the bedding was great. The price for the area was very affordable. The ceilings are a little thin and I could hear every step the person in the room above me took. The breakfast bar was your standard Hampton Inn set up. Nothing fancy and the eggs are stil the worst of any chain! I complain about them at every Hampton I stay at and always get emails from the Manager saying they are upgrading the eggs company wide. I don't know if it's happened yet and these eggs didn't even look appetizing. Maybe they didn't get the memo. It is a good location for business in Waterbury and close to the Mall if you like shopping. There is also a Buffalo Wild Wings there if you're into that. I am, so it worked for me.

Room Tip: Go for the top floor so no one can walk on the ceiling above you!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 15, 2012

This is a standard HI - its a bit away from downtown and a lot of the places to eat.
The TV is an old standard tube type vs what most properties have this days with a flat screen HD.
In addition, the Internet is very slow at this property.
Other than that, I had no large issues here.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Having business in Southington, CT I had previously stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in that area, but felt it was a bit too North from my destination. I located this Hampton Inn ( a chain that usually has consistent accomodations) that was very convenient to the Interstate, allowing me to attend to business in Southington and return to the hotel without dealing with commuter traffic. The room was typical for Hampton Inn, clean, quiet and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was generous and allowed me to eat and run without having to locate a restaurant that would have cut into my time. The only addition to the buffet that I would have enjoyed would be either V-8 or tomato juice, but that is just my preference.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Don't stay here New Year's Eve if you want to get any sleep. Third year in a row we've been awakened by partying at 3 in the morning. The attitude of the desk clerk is "this is a hotel, what do you expect on New Year's Eve?" Well, as paying guests who have to drive over 300 miles to get home the next day, we expect a decent night's rest. We expect that our comfort and that of the other guests will be considered before allowing partying crowds to check in in the middle of the night to continue their festivities. We will never stay here again when visiting for the holidays. In fact, with the snotty attitude we encountered we may never stay here again.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DeborahK_12
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I was due to stay at the Hampton at the end of October 2011. The weather at the time was not great; it was the time of the freak snow storm which in fact sent Connecticut in to a state of Emergency.

The Amtrak had cancelled all trains from New York to Connecticut and had to make other arrangements to get to our friends in CT.

Before we left New York, we called the Hampton and asked if they had electricity as I was aware that a lot of CT was without power. Having spoken to call centre, I was transferred to someone who stated that they were the manager for the hotel. I was advised that the hotel was operating as normal and not to worry.

When we arrived at the hotel the place was in darkness and member of staff forced open the sliding doors to inform us that there was no electricity at the hotel. I stated that I had spoken to the Manager on the phone and was advised that the hotel was operating as normal. I was advised that the electricity had been off since the night before and that I should have been informed of the situation.

I was told that my room was still available and as a goodwill gesture, they would half the cost of the room for the entire stay, but they could not refund the full amount if we decided not to stay. I was advised that we would need to provide our own torches as the corridors were pitch black and that none of the rooms and heating, but again as a further goodwill gesture they would provide extra bedding. We decided not to stay at the hotel.

A few days later I contacted the Hampton’s head office, who stated that they would refund the entire stay. The company was not apologetic and did not offer any form of compensation.

I appreciate that these were not normal circumstances, but if I hadn’t had been lied too I would have stayed in New York.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2011

The hotel is in a weird and not very appealing location off the highway. It's an older property that is not aging all that well; the rooms are small and the breakfast area is cramped by Hampton standards. However, the front desk staff are helpful and competent -- and there don't seem to many choices in this part of Connecticut.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterbury
Courtyard Waterbury Downtown
Comfort Inn Naugatuck
#1 of 2 in Naugatuck
Comfort Suites Southington - Cheshire
Homewood Suites by Hilton Southington

Been to Hampton Inn Waterbury? Share your experiences!