“Discouraging”

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
New Haven, Connecticut
“Discouraging”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

They had unlimited shrimp and every time I went up for more, they gave me 3 after waiting for 5 minutes and they were the smallest shrimp I had ever seen. I believe that they are closing their doors very soon due to financial reasons.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Michelle B

Milford, Connecticut, United States
“2013 Mothers Day party of 12”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

My first experience: Place opened at 11:00. We arrived at 12:15. Roughly a dozen customers. All I can say is the food is typical of this style establishment. Tables sticky to touch, free pie for Mothers Day came complete with mold as did the orange slices and looking back, I wish we kept those items to deliver to the health inspector who probably was enjoying a delicious meal somewhere else in Waterbury.

• Visited May 2013
Danbury, Connecticut
“Surprisingly Good!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I know this seems crazy as this place seems like cheap food - not usually my favorite but I have to say it's just what it seems to be. Lots of food, not bad,

It's better than most I've had in this type of restaurant. We had a huge dinner for 2 adults and 1 child for like $30 and our kid LOVED it.

Good salad bar, thin steaks, decent chicken and ribs...and def get your money's worth!

• Visited April 2013
Waterbury, Connecticut
“If heaven serves steak...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

this is where they get it! How does this place do it is my only question? Serving steak of this quality at such an affordable price; it is like dying and going to steak heaven! To say the atmosphere of this restaurant is welcoming would be an understatement...picture getting the most delicious meal you've had in months and a free comedy show! Actually don't, just go there and see for yourself...you will leave with your belly full and a smile on your face.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank feltch r
Waterbury, Connecticut
“Dreaming is Eating in Waterbury Steakyard”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

One of the many lessons I've learned from the wait staff at the American Steakhouse is, "The plate wants steak." They are all half-cattleman, half-philosopher I think.

I didn't know how to talk like that the first time I went there, and all I could manage, as I was leaving, was to say, "You speak as in a dream, sir."

Now I go there and I eat the steaks and I talk their dream talk with them. I cut my steaks and make constellations on my plate and then I eat them, and when I am done I walk through the stars.

This isn't eating in a restaurant--it's being pulled through a Steakyard where the fish jump and the bees buzz. It's a place where no steak gets away because that's where it wants to be.

• Visited July 2012