“Decent place”

Dining options: Reservations
Connecticut
“Decent place”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Paisano's is okay most of the time but inconsistent. Sometimes it is very very good and other times it is poor. I will say the fried cheese, house salad and hot rolls are the always good. I have had good breakfast there and not so good... a few of the dinners were inedible.. (eggplant parmesan for example) again.. you just never know what you are going to get...

Visited October 2012

Southbury Ct
“Great place for a hearty breakfast for sure!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

First time here we met my son and his little family for a Sunday morning breakfast. There were four adults and a toddler at 8:30 am. They were not terribly busy at that hour ( but that would quickly change as churches were letting up) But we found the interior to be attractive and spacious. The kids chose a nice spacious booth. Our waitress had our coffees before we were barely seated. She was efficient and gracious. We all had different breakfasts from their very good selection. I am not a breakfast person and ordered only a side of corned beef hash. It was a very big portion and clearly homemade. This may sound weird but there was mainly corned beef and I would have preferred more potato and definately more onion. But it was good. My daughtinlaw had eggs Benedict which she loved. No one enjoyed their breakfast more than my son who got the blueberry blintzies. He thought they were delicious! My husband got the Mamas omelet which he told me later he found too dry. It looked good but was rather flat.not sure how it was described on menu. Finally my grandson got the kids pancakes with sausage and Juice which he liked. All portions were most generous. Prices are decent, not cheap but moderately priced and fair. Overall this is a a good solid breakfast place we would recommend. Clearly it is the favorite of many locals as the place was packed by the time we left.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Helsbabe
Prospect, Connecticut
“Great Food”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Paisano's has been redecorated since we were there a few years ago and it looks and tastes great. They have music on select Saturday nights and the prices are very reasonable. We have been back twice lately.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Ira K
Wolcott, Connecticut
“Indifferent sevice and lackluster food”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Our party of four was unimpressed by the food at Paisanos. There are some outstanding Italian restaurant in the Waterbury area, but this isn't one of them. Our entrees were basic pasta dishes.......nothing that a chef with basic skills couldn't do in his/her sleep. This is the kind of restaurant that doesn't prepare food, they process it. I don't have high expectations when eating fast food because I know it's processed. However, the people behind the scenes in a restaurant should at least taste the food they send to their customers. In addition, the waitstaff should at least be pleasant and (prior to the delivery of the check) ask if the food is okay. If the front-of-house and back-of-house don't care about the quality of food or service, why should patrons return?

Oxford
“This is our "go-to" restaurant in Waterbury”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We live about 20 min. from Waterbury and shop there oftern. We love making Paisano's part of our trip and eat dinner here about once per week. My husband loves the chicken parmigiana and chicken francaise. I love the chicken fagioli, shrimp scampi and shrimp fra diavlo. The restuarant is nicely decorated and the owner comes out from time to time to see how everyone is enjoying their food--a nice touch!

• Visited March 2012