“Best in Town”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Best in Town”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Just the BEST Italian Subs in town The "Al Capone" is my favorite and don't forget the pastry, mouth watering.

Visited November 2012

Melbourne, Florida
“Are you kidding me? This place is awesome”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Don't even think about it. Just go. Everything is great, every time I go. One of Waterburys best by far...

• Visited April 2012
Connecticut
“Fresh and consistently good pastries...”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

My family and I have ordered much from Avventura in terms of pastries and dessert items over the years. Their pastry chef is adept at providing very fresh and authentic, traditional Italian-American dessert options (such as cannoli, sfogliatelle, tiramisu, pignoli cookies), as well as thumbprints, a variety of cheesecake, carrot cake, fruit tarts, and rugalah cookies. Dessert trays and/or boxes are not cheap, but the quality is high and consistent. The staff is typically friendly and prompt. The deli items are definitely good and have a following (particularly the grinders), but I have been an Avventura patron primarily for the desserts, so I will have to follow-up on the establishment's other offerings in a future post.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank radiowitch
Miami Beach, Florida
“Excellent, quality Italian food for a very reasonable price”
Reviewed November 1, 2010

I had the pleasure of visiting Avventura for this first time this past summer when they invited me to participate in a cooking event as a guest chef. While there, I was able to sample many of their cold and hot case items, pastries, cookies, and gelato. I had one of the best sandwiches I have ever had on deliciously fresh baked, crispy ciabatta bread. Working in the restaurant industry, I found Avventura to have many fresh, quality products that a high-end restaurant would use for very reasonable prices. The staff there was very welcoming and helpful and I look forward to making another trip back soon to get my fill of all the delicious food and specialty items Avventura has to offer.

Thomaston, Connecticut
“Deli, Italian Imports...need I say more?”
Reviewed August 1, 2009

Deli, Italian Imports...need I say more?