“Good Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

You may need a reservation to get into Tiramisu as it is often busy. The food is good. There is not much in the way of privacy at your table so this wouldn't be a good first date spot. I highly recommend the clams and mussels pomodoro.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Eat here regularly and each time, the food is AMAZING! Wonderful classic italian dishes with some additional specialties as well. It's agreat atmosphere and you can't go wrong for the prices. Definitely give it a try if you're in the area.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

After driving by this new Italian restaurant for several months, I finally tried it. It is located in a new plaza on E Main Street in Waterbury close to the Kohl's shopping center. It is very easy to get too, located not far from the highway and you can take either exit 25A or 26 off of 84.

Tirimisu offers a very nice atmosphere. The lighting is nice; not too dark or bright and it is nicely decorated with deep brown hues. They have a nice bar area which has limited tables for eating as well as a small separate dining area.

The menu has plenty of options and they serve both lunch and dinner. The rolls they serve were warm and delicious. We tried 3 different pasta dishes Penne alla Matraciana, Penne alla Vodka and Cavatelli Assisi. All were pretty good and the portions were very large.

You are offered a choice of soup or salad with your entree. We all ordered salads. They were mostly lettuce and carrots but they were fresh and crisp.

The only thing we didn't enjoy was the way the chicken was in the Cavatelli Assisi dish. It was just random chunks of untrimmed chicken versus nicely lean cuts. For this reason we wouldn't order this dish again. We also tried the fired mozzarella appetizer. It was on the bland side as it was fried with unseasoned bread crumbs and the marinara sauce lacked flavor.

Overall, we feel this restaurant is average but worth a try. I'd like to try one of their sandwiches during lunch. The service was excellent.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Went to this local restaurant for the first time last night with a group of 10 friends. We had to wait for our table when we arrived, even though no one was sitting at it, but we were seated and then waited for our waitress to arrive. She took our drink orders & brought them back shortly after. We placed our orders and then waited for at least 30 mins. before a basket of bread or salad/soup was brought to our table. It's a really nice place and the prices are very reasonable, but the service we had tonight left a lot to be desired. I had the Veal Tiramisu and it was quite delicious. You do get a salad and/or soup with your meal, which I really like. I hate paying $7+ for a salad. I had a salad and it was a good size and quite nice. One friend had the pasta fagioli (sp?) soup and said it was just OK. Several friends had the last 4 slices of the Tiramisu and said it was good. All in all a nice evening, good food for a reasonable price. I will give it another try.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Decided to try this after driving by it for a few months. As I walked in I was expecting to pay a lot given the beauty of the newly built facility but when I looked at the menu I was impressed at the pricing. Average meal is about $15, not too bad compared to other places in the area that charge closer to $20. The food was very good, I was in a party of 6 and nobody had a bad thing to say at all. Waiter was right on point with excellent service, and the "tiramisu" for desert lived up to its name. I will definitely be back again soon!