“Delicious food, friendly staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dunya International Market
Ranked #11 of 309 Restaurants in Waterbury
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Description: On Plank Rd right next to Nardelli's Subs. Couldn't find a phone #. They have a small dining area, and it is a market as well.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Delicious food, friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stopped for lunch with my 2 boys, we ordered 3 different wraps - falafel, chicken schwarma and beef schwarma. DELICIOUS! The bread is thin but strong, grilled, and all the fillings were fresh and flavorful. Best falafel I've had. Had some Turkish sodas (lemon and sour cherry). Very good value. Will definitely return to try the other offerings. Picked up some fresh pide and pitas to take home.

This is a store with a small area for dining in, maybe 3-4 tables. Very easy access off the highway. Recommend for travelers going through on I-84, and locals!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank GlobetrottingFan

New York City, New York
“Incredible Falafel and Shwarma!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Having had a really great experience next door at Sultans, We decided to give Dunya Market a try and was glad we did! In the market is a deli counter with fresh middle eastern food that was freshly cooked for us. We had a falafel and Beef Shwarma. It was great and although there is a small area to eat, it seemed to be full of locals, so we ate on the road. The staff was very friendly. Now I have another reason to get off exit 25.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank tarynpeter
Woodstock, Vermont
“Easy Access to Middle Eastern Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

While traveling either east of west on I-84 through Waterbury I love the easy on, easy off aspect of exit 25 due to the immediate availability of several gas stations and restaurants right there. One of the greatest sub shops on the east coast is there (Nardelli's) along with Nino's Italian Restaurant, Anatoli's and, in what used to be the Fattoush location, a Middle Eastern market called Dunya International Market. I was headed for Nardelli's but caught sight of this new (to me) addition along Plank Road and decided to stop in and see what they offered. Three young folks were working and all were accomodating, especially the young man who upon seeing my choices offered that he too "loved Middle Eastern food!" Besides canned, frozen and packaged international food, they offer fresh deli items from which I picked fried eggplant and a spiced meat wrap with onions and a hot sauce dressing that was excellent. I bought some canned stuffed grape leaves and baba ghannouge dip for later. I also bought a chick pea tahini dip that I later used as the basis for a sauce for a roasted vegetable dish. I am always on the lookout for ethnic and international food stops like this and I was not disapointed here.

• Visited May 2012